get back my ex boyfriend (long distance)

afallenforest

is there any way to get back my long distance boyfriend?

(we are 16 and 17)

i met my now ex boyfriend online. we never intended to go out, but we really clicked and it just happened. we were an amazing match. we have tons in common and each have all of the qualities the other looks for in a boyfriend/girlfriend. and we were really in love.i know we are young, but we both really did want to have a future together. he was willing to come move closer to me once he turned 18, since he is older, but last night, he broke up with me though. he said he loves me, but because we lived so far apart and could not easily see each other (600 miles apart) he felt it was best for us both to end sometime he felt would never happen, as much as he wished it otherwise. he said if we were under different circumstances having our future and dreams together would have happened. the said he was going to hold it out, but he met a girl and she is there, close to him, and that was his tipping point. he begged me to continue talking though, that he couldn't cut me out of his life.

this boy is my first love and im devastated. i want him back so bad, because the reason to keep us apart is stupid and petty and i love him, and he still loves me. is there anything i can do to get him back? please dont be mean im already devastated and upset i really cannot handle being told negative things of long distance love.

In that case, you won't get many replies.

I'm afraid all the same clichés apply.

It seems you've never actually met in person, you're young and he's right.It's not going to work long distance because it's just not the right circumstance.

I'm sorry to be harsh hun, but it's true:

You ARE young - and you should focus on meeting someone closer.

• Like 1

If it's real love, it's not going to end like this. You'll be in each other lives no matter what, if it's bound to happen. But is it? I have no idea.

See if it hurts too much keep talking to him while seeing him with a girl that is not you. You can take a break from him, like 6 months or a year and then see what's up with you both. If he missed you. If it's a long lasting friendship. If you stand the test of time, while he went from girlfriend to girlfriend. If you're his lighthouse.

You're both very young. And we must tell you this, you might fall in love with another guy soon.