second chance - maybe?

I met this amazing girl 2 months ago. She travelled in and out of my city for work. We hit it of straight away.

We were together for 1 month and she broke up with me because she did not want a LDR. She was offered a new job, which brought her back to her hometown. She wasn't sure about the new job, i.e. if she will be required to travel as much and also if she will come back to my city again for projects. No promise there.

She did tell me how strongly she felt for me. She did love me and did think that I may be the one. I believe her because the feelings and emotions were so intense and mutual. We are both very mature (early 30s), ready to be in relationship (don't play games) and quite stable in life.

Anyway, it was hard for her to break up with me. She had to cut me off completely. I did ask her to give it a try after all we are only 1-hour flight away and in the same time zone. But she said that she needed to be alone during this time, to figure everything out, eg with the new job etc. She started her new job this week.

We did the NC for 1 month until I finally cracked and sent her a message, a casual one, saying that something reminded me of her and that I hope she is doing great. She responded almost immediately telling me that she was thinking of me too and that she misses me. Of course, I replied saying the same - I miss her.

I still want her. But at the same time, I always remind myself that she was the one who called it. Until that (the distance) changes, she will stick to her conviction.

I am not sure what to do now? Should I initiate more contact with her slowly and hopefully have a second chance with her? Or should I just not bother until she makes the next move?

Edited by IamIamIam

Move on.

Stay No Contact.

This "I think you are the one" is a pile of clap-trap.

This isn't love. if it was, you would both be moving heaven and earth to be in touch, be together and forge a relationship.

This is just flirtation.

She's not 'the one' - and buddy, face it - neither are you.

The answer above sounds like the answer you would read in a women's magazine... At times it can be good advice, other times it's no better than a Wednesday horoscope.

Anyway, do you really love her? Show her. If you're waiting for her, and she's waiting for prince charming, nothing will happen. Life is full of "what if". There's a small chance of her coming back to you. But maybe she's looking for the one who will sweep her off her feet. That might be you.

But I guess you'd never move where she is now, and she's not going to leave her new job. See how much she's worth for you. But most importantly, how far she's ready to go for you.