Did He Lie Or Has He Really Changed??

Me and this guy have had an on again off again dating / long distance relationship for nearly 2 years. The last thing he told me, the second time I visited, was that despite his attraction to me and flirting online for months AFTER he broke it off, he can only do FWB. He told me he didn’t know what he wanted, he doesn’t think he’s a relationship type of guy, & doesn’t think marriage is for him. We hung out for 2 months like a couple until I left. Every time we get closer, I have to leave.

A month after I returned home, my friend emails me with a link to his new online dating profile! Apparently he’s looking for a committed relationship, to get married and have kids and travel with his future partner. I’m stunned and was heartbroken. This is the complete opposite of what he was telling me.

Could he have changed THAT much in a month? If not, why would he lie to me like that, about those things?

We’ve had so much fun together over the years whether dating or friends. Did I show him how great a relationship can be, only to have him realize and now move on without me? I'm not sure what to do. The distance makes me feel so powerless :mad:

If he is not interested in you, there is nothing you can do. Grieve. Things will get better, and you will meet a better guy.

Could he have changed THAT much in a month? If not, why would he lie to me like that, about those things?

He could have had a radical change of mind, but what's more likely is he didn't see himself having those things with you.

Saying he didn't want them at all could have been a way to curb your expectations of him.

After he was given space, he may have got more in touch with what he did want--and set about finding it through OLD.

You mentioned the distance makes you feel powerless.

Even in the same town, there's likely nothing you could do to change things.

He clearly wants to move on, so let him and enjoy a new relationship with someone more compatible.

I'm sorry it's hurtful.

Edited by cerridwen
  • Like 1