Long distance-long term relationship adviced needed!

:(:bunny::sick:

Hi, I have been in pretty much a long distance relationship for 2 and half years almost from the time it began.

See, I started dating a guy from my hometown before I left for college. My college is almost 3 hours from where I live.

As our relationship matured I began to feel the need to spend more time with him, instead of once a month or so. (We talk on the phone every night)

He still lives at home and his parent's don't want him to come visit me, and I told him he needs to grow up and stop letting them control him. (It is really frustatating to me)

It seems like I am put forth all the effort to go home on the weekends and then complains that he would like to spend more time with his friends.

And I just found out that he made plans that involve not seeing me for a month.

Claiming I should just live for the moment and focus on loving him from a distance and that next year when he attends the same college as me, that he will make up for lost time and just to be patient for him.

any advice?

You won't like my advice. This guy is enjoying his life entirely on his own terms: living at home, letting his parents make his decisions, spending time with his friends. Why would that change when he finally gets his freedom and goes to college?

He's even told you to relax, that he wants less of you (that's what "love me from a distance" means), that maybe things will change later.

I think you should tell him you really care for him, but since he's not in the same place emotionally as you are, you're going to start dating. If he's interested in a committed relationship next year, when he starts college, the two of you can maybe give it another try.