Just broke up for good after a 2 1/2 years LDR. What's your story?

It all started when I moved to a new country. I didn't know many people except a cousin so I had plenty of time for myself. Like every other guy I spent a lot of time online browsing, Facebooking, you know the deal. And it was on Facebook when I chatted up this cute girl. We would spend hours every day and it was great. It helped me cope with the new environment but I never thought it would go any further since she was based in another country.

To cut the story short, we never officially stated to have a formal relationship but we ended up flying to meet each other four times. We would go on these awesome trips and we had so much fun together. On the last trip I stayed at her apartment for over a month and everything was just great.

It's been now months since that trip and yesterday I broke up with her for good.

This guy at her workplace has been hitting on her for some time and she has feelings for him too. We had some arguments about this about a month ago and had a soft brake up. Meaning that we agreed that we would have a last trip together in September but it just didn't feel right anymore. Yesterday I confronted her and she admitted they've kissed and it's just not a simple relationship, so I decided very calmly that it was it.

I didn't have anything else to give her anymore. And I didn't want to put her in a position where she would have to keep lying to me and corrupt the person that I once loved.

The soft break up hurt. A lot. But this time I just feel... devoid of emotion.

There's no conclusion or cautionary tale to this story. At for 4am there wouldn't be a point. But maybe it you happen to be going through the same thing now I would love to hear your story.

Are you in love with her? Or did you just get used to her company? Because, you know, these two options make a huge difference... So think about it. Carefully.

Long time ago, at x-mas, i asked santa give me love. And this girl just messaged me thought fb, then we added eachother and start to talk every day and night. She is interesting in a picture of me while i was drunk and she found me thought our mutal friend. Later, i believed that is a god's gift, so i deny everything and just jumped to ldr. We were in 2 cities, both r studying. Met every month and plan to travel sometime. After year, i end my study, eat my own stress everyday and wanted to travel around the world. But cuz of this relationship, i decided to stay with her and looked for a job. But at that time, she wanted to break up. However, after 11m, she forced me to leave her alone, set her free to hook up with her new charm crush. At that time, even i almost lost my family, job, friend and planning to go to support her life in other country, however, i planned to engage her too. After that horrible break up, i was in depressed time and try to do not suicidal. I just woke up, and live my life again. She ignored me after she discover that her new partner is my f, who i never with again. And she also asked me leave her alone. I know this bu is for good things, i let her dump me and pushed her far away. We didnt talk for 7m. Sometime, i miss her but my life is so busy now, no room for emotion or either any passions.

I hate club, picture, and x-mas!

Are you in love with her? Or did you just get used to her company? Because, you know, these two options make a huge difference... So think about it. Carefully.

This made me think a lot about my current situation.Thank you.