So me and my long distance boyfriend have been dating for a year now.

Hes very sweet,kind, loving, honest, but he has a really dark side. He likes being in control of me, it somehow gives him a sense of I don't know security? And I told him that I just don't like it and I'm tired of it. Ever since I started going out with him I lost a lot of my other online friends and it kinda hurts. My ex and me were close but he got upset and told me to stop talking to him and block him and I did because when you have feelings for someone you'd do anything to make them happy even if it hurts others.

One-two months ago he told me he still had feelings for his ex and I was crushed I asked him who his crush was and I kept looking at her photo and she was now with someone new that happened to be his friend. I got mad and jealous because of the way he felt. He later told me he doesn't feel that way but I just I don't know don't believe, he loved that women for 3-5 years! Then he met me and said things were different I couldn't bring myself to make him erase or block her so I let it go.

I always listened to him, and it became a habit but he hurts me each time I don't listen he yells and I get sad and he says sorry and our love decreases little by little.

Only when I go back to listening to him does his affection truly show and i feel loved again.

I dont know what to do, it seems like he toys with me. He leaves for hours without saying anything and I always tell him.

What should I do? I try letting him go but my heart hurts and I cry and he yells and says hes fighting for me and yet I'm giving up.

Get out. This is an emotionally abusive relationship.

A truly loving relationship is not based on emotional manipulation, telling you whom you can be friends with and who not. Also he does not seem to be over his ex, which means you are in competition with a fantasy. You cannot win.