Need help for an LDR...

a taken guy

I've been in a rel. for 2 yrs +. The first year was ld (1 hr apart) and most of the second we have been together. I attended her college during the second year. During that school year we saw each other every day. She graduated and lives at home under strict parental control now. I ended up moving back home under lax parental control, I still have a year left of college. We're both having trouble adapting to an ldr again. Any ideas with this?

Also, recently she told me that she thought we were growing apart because we couldn't find anything to talk about. I'm scared that we're going to break up because we're having trouble with distance.

ATG

Long distance relationships are hard. You need a solid foundation to start with before the distance. If you can get through a ldr, your relationship is golden.

My boyfriend is in the military so he spent 6 months in Bosnia about two years ago and he is currently in Afghanistan (left in October.) You just have to see the light at the end of the tunnel. If you know that the day will come when you two can be together for good, then it should work out. If you don't see that light and can't envision a future together, then you need to let her go.

• 3 weeks later...
Dreamgirl03

Long distance relationships can be very difficult and hard. I`ve just started one myself...and its very hard. I cant hardly stand going everyday without seeing him, but i know that one day we will be together, and that is the important thing. (or at least i hope we are anyway..lol)

• Author
a taken guy

Okay, I guess what I meant to ask was what do others do in their relationships that make things bearable. I mean I know it starts with the mind but phone topics, what do you do when you see each other, that type of stuff. I think we've forgotten how to do the distance thing again.