A little problem with this "LDR"

Hello all! I recently started dating a man who just left this morning to go to the opposite side of the country for 3 months. Doesn't sound too bad? Well, the downside to this is that he will be pretty much 'roughing' it camping for three weeks as an instructor/leader during a sort of survival training for young men. This means no communication except for the occasional letter via snail mail.

I have only been dating this man for a short time, but I have known him and been close with him for about 5 months now. I am really looking forward to when he comes back and we are able to pick up where we left off, but I am a little nervous and unsure of how to get through these months without any type of contact except the rare letter. I know he is really worth waiting for and I know he feels the same way. But I am wondering if it will be enough.

I guess I am just wondering if there are any tips when I write letters in order to try and 'keep it fresh' so to speak. I have never had a DR and it isn't like I have been seeing this man for years, so it makes it a little awkward for me. Thanks so much!

You've known him for five months, you know what his interests are, you know him a whole lot better than any of us here who don't know him at all. You are in a lot better position to know what to put in your letters than we are.

Just be yourself. Surely, through your days you can make lots of notes on things to tell him in your correspondence.