&heartbroken

I'M ONLY 18 but i have been madly in love with this one guy for the past 3 years..at first we were really good friends..i told him everything and so did he. the closer we got the stronger my feelings became..but he lives in a completely different city. anyway as time passed he became my best friend. i couldn't go a day without speaking to him. i always had a feeling he felt the same way i felt, but neither of us ever voiced our feelings. finally June he told me how he felt. i felt soo happy, like everything was going good. i could finally be with him and i wouldn't have to hide my feelings.

anyway we started strong ! he said i was "the one" and even if i didn't want to hear this right now, he would marry me. i was completely gone.."head over heels" would be the right phrase. he was all i thought about..he became my world ! last month i found out that he still had contact with his ex..this really upset me because she still liked him..he played it off like it was nothing..i then did something completely out of character. I went on his hotmail and saw that he was emailing her, and she was talking about getting back with him.

I immediately confronted him about it..he told me he didn't feel anything towards her and that i was the only one he wanted. anyway i decided that i couldn't trust hiim any longer. but im unable to cut him off..after 3 yrs of friendship i still feel the need to talk to him. to tell hiim my problems. to hear his voice for reassurance..anyway he calls and txt on the regular but i really just wanna get over him..how do i do that and still remain friends with him ? is that even possible, or am i pushing my luck here ?

someone PLEASE help me, its driving me insane!!:(

He might be telling the truth. If he's happy with you why would he want to spoil it?

He's getting attention from his ex and shouldn't be in contact with her. Everybody likes attention I suppose. You need to talk to him about it being unacceptable that people in relationships secretly emails their ex's.

It sounds like he has to make a choice because it's not respecting you. But as I said it might be nothing.