telephone conversation topics

hi my boyfriend and i have been dating for a while. We are on a long distance relationship and we talk to eachother everyday. We have run out of topic. I tend to talk on and on about bouring things like how my day was and this person said that and this. I was wondering if you can give me suggestions on things to talk about that would be interesting for us to talk about that would bring us closer

thanks

There is no way we can make suggestions because we don't know what you're interests are or what his interests are or what the two of you share in terms of commonalities.

However, the best way to handle this if you are truly serious is to make an outline of topics BEFORE you call each other. Yes, both of you write out different things you want to talk about.

The subject matter can range from things about your relationship to items you might want to consider in a long term partner...get to know each other really well. You can talk about current events...get a newspaper and find topics the two of you can give your opinions on.

I can tell you that I have talked to ladies for hours and hours and never, ever ran out of stuff to talk about. But, then again, I am told I have oral diarrhea sometimes.

It will help a whole lot if the two of you experience more things together in life...you'll have lots more to talk about.

Once you get really good at it, you will be able to do this yourself without an outline.

The time can go really quickly when you're enjoying a great conversation.

If all else fails, take the Seinfeld approach and just talk about nothing at all.

Have a talk about your day is great. Tell each other whats going on your lives and what your missing by being out of reach.

I tend to talk about my work day, I can go on and on about what happened at work, even down the tuna fish sandwich I made on my lunch break.

Talk about your childhood, memories you cherish, secrects, talk about whatever. I personally hate topics of religion and government, all it does is stir things up.

Tomorrow work hard at making your day as intersting, wonderful, crazy as you can so that you can call him up and tell him about it.

There is no way we can make suggestions because we don't know what you're interests are or what his interests are or what the two of you share in terms of commonalities. However, the best way to handle this if you are truly serious is to make an outline of topics BEFORE you call each other. Yes, both of you write out different things you want to talk about. The subject matter can range from things about your relationship to items you might want to consider in a long term partner...get to know each other really well. You can talk about current events...get a newspaper and find topics the two of you can give your opinions on. I can tell you that I have talked to ladies for hours and hours and never, ever ran out of stuff to talk about. But, then again, I am told I have oral diarrhea sometimes. It will help a whole lot if the two of you experience more things together in life...you'll have lots more to talk about. Once you get really good at it, you will be able to do this yourself without an outline.

The time can go really quickly when you're enjoying a great conversation. If all else fails, take the Seinfeld approach and just talk about nothing at all.

• 7 months later...

Hi...

I know what you mean eventhough my LDR is not going the same way as yours is. My fiance and I are both nurses, but I work in a urology ward in The United Arab Emirates and he is in ccu in Ireland.. Talk about distancem huh ?

We talk about how our day was, what he ate, what kinda patients he had and what situations happened during his shift. Sometimes we just speak about how much we missed one another, remember times when we were togther, plan the next time we'll be together or talk out our wedding plans.

At times when either me or him is mad, angry or just depressed the other one says nothing at all and just listens. We can talk for hours non stop, the only problem is the ENORMOUS phone bills we botha re enduring!!!

Find out what interests u both share, what his friends are like, what he like sto eat or where he'd like to spend a vacation. In the beginning of our relationship my fiance and I used to ask one another questions that sometimes sounded stupid but meant alot in terms of getting to know one another better. I even asked him how he liked his eggs and whether he prefers to sleep on the left side of the bed or the right. I know it sounds silly, but we're mot there living together and seeing it all... We're miles and miles apart and asking and talking are te only means of getting this relationship to work out..

Hope this helps you...

I say talk about whatever will give insight into who you are. since we are a culmination of all our experiences, that encompasses everything. but that's too broad to help you.

"running of the mouth" can be annoying and draining. but there's a difference between telling a story and running of the mouth. running of the mouth means that you go on and on without asking the person things like "did anything like that ever happen to you" "what would you have done" etc. that involves the person in your conversation.

topics can range from contents from a people magazine, latest music, movies, books, travel experiences, etc. it is the same type of conversation you would have in person, but just on the phone.

• 1 month later...

my boyfriend of three years just left to play baseball. We now live 2 hours away from each other and he seems to never have any time to talk. So when he does I want to make sure we don't have those weird silences. He's not the best talker on the phone so I have to pretty much carry most of it myself and I just don't want to run out of conversation to talk about. We both love sports and both have a pretty good sense of humor. Any help you can give I would love. Thanks

I've found that since it was a LDR, we felt the need to talk on the phone all of the time, but that meant that we started running out of things to say and just resorted to repeating how much we missed each other. Some people can talk forever, others can't.

What we did was just cut back the number of times we talked on the phone and than that made us have more news to share when we talked which gave us more interesting conversations. It also made the phone bills cheaper!

I feel for ya hun! My LD boy and I talk almost every night on the phone and it gets to be frustrating when we run out of things to talk about...it doesn't happen very often. What we do when it does is not call eachother for a couple of days, it gives us time to "Re-fresh" ourselves and concentrate on some other things for once....and then I find myself thinking "Oh my gosh, I haven't talked to Ryan in 2 days...I better call him". He is not much of a phone-talker, but he calls a lot too. Just try concentrating on other things and then you come up with things to talk about. I also like sending him "sexy" emails at his work email address....I know when he reads it it will put a smile on his face....and I usually get a call later that night! Just be patient! good luck!