I have been in an committed LDR for a year and a half. We have been together three years total. We have a very strong relationship, but lately have had some problems with communication. I have higher expectations in terms of communication. He thinks I am becoming too emotionally needy and that I don't trust him.

The situation got ugly when he ignored my calls for a few days and then canceled a trip to see me (although this was due to a work conflict). I freaked out and hacked into his email. There were a couple of messages from his female roommate that were somewhat suspicious. I called him to confront him about it and he said nothing was going on.

I believe him--on reflection they are pretty innocent--but now he doesn't trust me because I read his email. Now he is asking for "space" in the relationship because he doesn't think it will work out otherwise. I don't want to lose him and am worried that this may be the end. Is there any hope? We have plans to get back together for good in only 5 months.