GF talking to ex

catgirl1927

I am not a fan of the ex contact. My BF is still "friends" with many of his exes because they all ran with the same group. I am not friends with my exes, because I'm not sure you can go backwards in a relationship. I am VERY suspicious of his relationships with them, I don't trust them at all. One of them stole a very expensive bottle of my perfume when I was staying at a friend's house when we went to visit them (they all live in a different city) and she did it just to hurt me and him because she's still got a thing for him. Why she thought doing something so juvenile would win him back I don't know, she's really pretty more than smart.

It generally mean that they still have feelings for their EX...

I am still in contact with a few ex's of mine.. but only a few times a year and normally just a few emails back and forth.. No phone calls..

You might wind up losing her to the ex or might not.. the fun is figuring out which is going to happen..

• Author

ii know that they were together for like 5 years. and she broke it off and he took it hard...but shes called twice in the past 2 weeks....so i dont know what it means

The obvious question here is, how long since their breakup? Sounds like maybe you're worried you're the rebound guy.

In any case, if the breakup is recent, even if there is no chance they are going to get back together, you would expect after a five year relationship that there will still be some contact. As long as its innocent post breakup talking then you will have to be mature about it and keep your head. If its more, well...somebody's gonna have to decide what they want.

salmagundi

PlentyLV007

I went through that with my ex when we were dating.../then when we got toghehter. He was with his ex for 4 years and when we started talking he made it clear that she would always be in his life. =( I just had to trust him and I did. Nothing ever happened with them when we were toghther, yet of course he did betray me w/ his best friend of 2 years. Who I also knew and trusted. =(

After me and my ex of 5 years broke up two years ago I only talked to him once and that was a year ago.

I didn't want him back...and I coudln't be his friend. From our conversation he told me he still talked to his ex. Funny how most ex's will talk to the ex's that hurt them. Y I will never know. I've had many chances to talk to my ex but I just don't see the point of it. I can't go back to being friends when I loved him so. Maybe cause he was my first love. ? Hmmm who knows....

Good luck!!!

How many kids do they have together? That's about the only reason to be chatting like that. She's starting to blur lines -- you do not want to date a woman who will do that.

How long have you two been dating?

whether this is bad or not is hard to say. When I was going out with my ex, she spoke to her ex regularly and it never bothered me really. For one thing, he lives 3 hours away and for another, they're from the same hometown and have been friends since they were little. I dunno, I never flet insecure about it, she was always open about their contact and in any case, one of the reasons they still talked was so that she could help him get over the fact that they were never getting back together again. She honestly just wanted to keep their friendship alive.

THat didnt work out of course. But the point is that nothing was going on between them that I had to worry about. So I didnt. But if I had any reason to suspect that she wasnt yet over him and was staying in contact to keep a door open towards reconciliation, then I would have been worried. Especially if she wasnt open with me about their contact.

So, yeah...does she give you any reason to worry? Any reason to think that their staying in contact has something to do with them not being over each other?

salmagundi