Bananapancake

Hi,

So my boyfriend and I went to an even with some speeches around a specificera there. It is a club that arrange this and my bf would like to get involved.

We signer up on Facebook, along with like 20 other ppl.

Two days after the event the girl who host the event looked up my bf on Facebook, wrote hin it was so good to see him the other day... They didnt even talk, she basically justs saw him, and heard a few opinions that he raised. It really bugs me..! My bf told me tho and was nice and responded that it was a nice event and that We might go to the next.. pointing out he is with me. I appreciate that, and i hope she gets the message. Although, now im super worried she has a good eye for him and Will try to get close over time... How do I best handle this? I dont like feeling jelous and insecure.

The organizer reached out to your BF because he spoke up. She probably wants more involved people in her group. She's focused on him because he will add to her bottom line. It's not about romance or attraction. She didn't reach out to you because you were not engaged. You were the women who tagged along with somebody who is interested in the subject.

There is nothing for you to worry about.

In the professional world when you meet somebody on the same plain, somebody who shares your business interests you forge a connection because they might be able to help you advance.

Since your BF now has a way to contact her. You link to her from his page & you send her a NICE note saying how much you enjoyed the event. Something like:

Dear Organizer:

I attended your event on [date] with my
BF
, [name]. It was
so
nice of you to follow up with him. While he has more enthusiasm for the subject then I do, I did want to tell you that I enjoyed myself too. We both look forward to your next event.

Sincerely, Bananapancake

Otherwise just chill. Your BF is allowed to have intellectual interests you don't share.

What have you done to boost your self esteem since you posted in January? This jealousy is coming from your insecurities not any wrongdoing by your BF or the event organizer.

Edited by d0nnivain
  • Like 3

She is an organizer networking to keep people interested in showing up at the next event. Most likely she selected some that she felt that had contributed the best comments,etc. She was just doing her job. It's just business. Remember this: most women that interacts with your BF doesn't have motives to sleep with him. The more you let your insecurities take over, the more you will push your BF away. This stuff wears people down. Have you ever thought about therapy?

• Like 1

She's the event organizer. It's her job to keep people coming. It's how they make it work and how they make money. It's nothing. As long as he doesn't think it's anything, there should be no issue. It's her job.

• Like 2