Is This Wrong?

Would you be upset if the your boyfriend, the man who says he loves you sent the following text to another woman he'd been flirty with before you got together? I know he still likes her photos on Facebook:

“Happy holidays precious little jewel.”

It seems inappropriate - am I overreacting? Thanks in advance for any advice!

See-Me-Feel-Me

I'm male. But I can understand your concern. Face Book sucks for reasons like this. It should not be that easy for him to do something like that and not so easy for you to learn of it. It's not how things have been for the last several hundred years. And there is no new rule book on it.

He's keeping the fire alive, isn't he. Preparing for personal Armageddon.

We all wish someone loved us enough that they didn't even want to flirt with someone else or loved us enough that they would never do it simply because if they hurt us, it would hurt them because they loved us that much. In reality, not everyone is capable of that kind of love and they set the bar lower, like, as long as they don't sleep with them or see them or whatever. It's not deep love, though. So just know that.

But not everyone has that kind of caring love in them, I really believe.

• Author
He's keeping the fire alive, isn't he. Preparing for personal Armageddon.

Thanks - so you think he's trying to keep this girl on the hook so to speak? Or waiting for her to respond the way he want her to so he can make a break with me?

Mrs._December
Would you be upset if the your boyfriend, the man who says he loves you sent the following text to another woman he'd been flirty with before you got together? I know he still likes her photos on Facebook:

“Happy holidays precious little jewel.”

It seems inappropriate - am I overreacting? Thanks in advance for any advice!

You currently have two threads about this silly text, and you tell a completely different story in each thread.

In your thread over on the Long Distance Relationships board, you claim this guy sent this silly text to YOU and that he already has a girlfriend. You also claimed in that thread that you've never even MET this guy in person.

Now in THIS thread, you're pretending to be this guy's girlfriend and you're supposedly 'angry' that he sent this silly text to some other girl whose pictures he still 'likes' on Facebook.

So which is it?

Is it YOUR boyfriend or is he some long distance computer Romeo you've never even met?

In either event, you're wasting so much of your time trying to decipher some stupid text that took all of 4 seconds to type, and came from some guy you've never even met. Get out in the real world and meet REAL people.

he is keeping his options open...yes he is flirting, yes he is keeping her warm.

If he's doing it so openly he's either a bit socially awkward or doesn't care or is doing way worse behind your back.

I can't tell you what he's thinking or how he feels about you, but if you stay in this relationship you'll probably start feeling very insecure.

Edit:

I just read the last post. If you're the other girl: You're his back up plan and you're waisting waaay too much time thinking about this.

Edited by 2much4