Did he cheat with co-worker

Heres my friends scenario. Her husband works in a bar. He calls her the other night to tell her there is a lady there at the bar that is a realtor. My friend is looking to sell her house. So she speaks to this woman and the woman texts her business card. She asks the woman, how do you know my husband? She said she use to work there as a bartender and was stopping by to visit. when my friend got the business card the phone number looked familiar. So she went back into their phone logs and sure enough there were numerous calls to this number over the summer. She inquired with her husband whom became very defensive. Almost accusatory and irate that she would ever think something like that. He first said he never recalled why he would have called her, and then asked her if she knew of who she called months ago. Then he told her the reason was that he was trying to get in touch with the woman brother as they are friends. So my friend calls the realtor who wants the listing. She asks her why they use to talk so much over the summer and why her husband would be so defensive. She was kind and said it was "work related" and that he is like an uncle to her and that they are very close friends and nothing more. Do you think she was covering for him? Note, she stayed at the bar that night for 6 hours and when my friend called her husband at midnight, he forgot to hang up the phone and told the woman, my wife knows I called you. She said "Oh, she knows." Like it was a secret. There have been no calls in a few months, and the realtor said she was in no way attracted to him. I find it odd, that he was the calling her and that his wife has never heard of this woman until now. My theory is, he hit on her when she worked as a bartender, she wasn't interested, and didn't want to screw up his marriage or the listing. Am I on point here with advice to my friend?

Mrs._December

The sad truth is this: if your friend is SO suspicious of her husband that the first place her mind goes when he calls and tells her there's a realtor there and your friend asks the realtor how she knows her husband, then there's a REASON for that. Forgetting the subsequent detective work that proved what a weasel he is and that he DOES have a history with the realtor, the fact is, she didn't know any of that in the beginning but STILL her first thought was to be suspicious. That's what living with a serial cheater will get you.

This guy's got a long history of suspicious and shady behavior, I'm willing to bet. And him working at a bar is kind of like asking the fox to guard the chicken house, ain't it? :eek:

Being brutally honest, I'm also willing to bet this isn't your friend's first rodeo catching this guy doing something shady, and it sure as hell won't be her last. The realtor is just one in a long list of many your friend's husband has either cheated with or hit on. I was married to a guy JUST like this. They're as predictable as snow at the North Pole.

What your friend fails to realize is that realtor-lady's loyalty lies with her bar-weasel husband, not your friend. So if she thinks she's going to get any dirt out of the realtor, she's mistaken. Rest assured - the husband has already told the realtor what lies he told his wife about them having been in touch over the summer, so she knows exactly what NOT to admit to your friend.

These two are about as cliche as it gets.

• Like 2

If he was boinkin her or other wise he sure as hell wouldn't be wanting her to be your friend's realtor. His off phone comment is not telling of anything, it was just a comment. But a suspicious mind would twist it into something.

Her being at the bar was not only to visit him but the other staff that works there...she spent an evening out just like anyone else would.

And yes they would be calling each other because that is what co-workers do, to maybe switch shifts or to be called in or to find out where the key is for the keg room, etc you know work related stuff like she said.

Tell your friend that unless her man is a complete and total moron, he would not be offering up an introduction and phone contact and business card with a woman he was having a secret affair with! Please.

• Like 1

I get the sense he is attracted to her and pursued her in the summer.

And now he is looking to keep her around more as his realtor.

It could be true she is not attracted to him and probably just wants his business.

I think this is likely the case, but she is still covering him by not divulging his true interests in her.