Finally ended it.....

LadybugLucy

I have had a guy in and out of my life for 7 years. Long story short, he was separated (but still married), had a gf, and was seeing me. He had told me he was divorced. He also made it sound like his gf was just an occasional hook-up/ dating partner because he was lonely. It was after some investigating (not hard because he was my boss), I found out the marriage thing. He would also call me and tell me he missed me, etc. He would tell me the other woman was a b****, she was constantly yelling at him, she didn’t like kids (he has two), and she is agnostic (he would tell me he wanted someone who believes in God). So he often needed time away. Basically, it sounded like it wasn’t anything serious and he wanted to date multiple people. He was also on dating sites. I’m fine with dating multiple people as long as that expectation is set from the beginning and it’s not a serious relationship. Last year, I finally walked away. But he would occasionally reach out to me. I would ignore him. A few months ago, I responded. He left me alone after that, until last week. He reached out again. This time he admitted that his divorce was final just two weeks ago. He also told me he moved in with his gf over a year ago. So last year and earlier this year, when he would call/text and ask me to see him, he was living with the gf!!!! I looked at her Facebook page, and there they are professing love for each other. Anyway, I’m more or less venting here because I have so many thoughts going through my head. After I found out he was living with her, he told me he would still like to talk to me and see and start things up again, but it will be much harder now since they live together!!!! I held nothing back when telling him how I felt about his actions, him reaching out to me, etc. He’s been deleted from my life, but I’m still missing what I thought we had. Then I get mad at myself for caring for such a complete jerk. I don’t know how I let myself get involved, but at least I’m not involved any more.

Any suggestions on how to get over someone who wasn’t what or who you thought they were? I wish my heart would not have ever cared for him.

Edit: if y’all see my past posts from last Fall. That was a different guy. I sure know how to pick men. Ugh.

Edited by LadybugLucy

make a list of all the rotten scummy things he did to you like try to get with you while he was living with somebody else. Read the list periodically until you come to realize it's a blessing that he's out of your life.

• Like 1