about woman s behavior

noticed and began talking to a woman I met this summer , she was wearing a ring first couple times I saw her, she became very very friendly after our first conversation when I met her so I asked her out for a coffee and she said she would like that and to meet her outside when she is finished working, then told me she has a partner who works out of town, wondering why she told me that after agreeing to meet me for coffee? so we did go for coffee ,but I did not ask about her partner , or why she wants to spend time with me if she is with someone, I know its lame and crazy to be wondering now, but as we are quite attracted to one another , did not want to encourage or ask anything that would suggest I wanted to get involved with her while she is with someone ,I was waiting to see what she was going to say, but she did not say much herself about why we were spending time together, we just enjoyed each others company for a bit then went our separate ways. regretting I did not ask more questions , but maybe it is best I did not? Trying to understand this? Help?

She could be using you for attention, something to do, wants to be just friends, looking for an affair. She mentioned her partner as to say "not looking to be serious with you"

If you are looking for a solid romantic relationship, this woman is not for you. If she is willing to take her relationship lightly and go out on dates with strange men, she will do the same to you. She isn't GF material if you know what I mean.