LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

I got kissed by another girl and, despite pushing her off/stopping her, I feel awful.

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2015, 9:48 AM   #1

I got kissed by another girl and, despite pushing her off/stopping her, I feel awful.

Before I go into any detail it's worth noting that I left the instant it happened and went to my girlfriend's to explain what happened. She was totally fine with it, she told me it wasn't my fault and that I've got nothing to be sorry for.

It happened last night. I was standing outside with some friends in the smoking area of a club and we're talking about nothing in particular. Some girls came up to us and we fell into conversation. I was speaking to one and I suspected she might be interested, so I slipped the fact I had a girlfriend into the conversation a fair few times. Usually I'd have just moved on, but I didn't want to be rude as she was on the same law course as me and we'd likely see each other again at some point. I figured the mention of the girlfriend would put an end to any designs she had.

A few minutes pass and the girl along with her friends decide to head back inside. I said it something along the lines of "Have a good night, I guess I'll probably see you in a lecture in the future". At this point she just grabs the back of my head with both of her hands and presses her mouth against mine. I was caught completely by surprise, but my near instantaneous reaction was to shove her away as firmly as possible without actually knocking her to the ground.

It was only around 1AM at this point, but I was pretty upset. I left and went back to my GF's place and told her everything. As I said, she was totally chill with it and made it abundantly clear that as far as she was concerned I hadn't done anything wrong. On a rational level I know she's right, but the whole things really getting my down and I don't quite know why.

Thoughts, guys?
1010red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 9:57 AM   #2
Established Member

Sorry you were assaulted that way. Try to forget it and thank goodness your gf is understanding.
stillafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:09 PM   #3
Established Member

Why do you feel guilty? Would it have been your fault if this same girl ran you over with her car in the parking lot or mugged you & stole your wallet? Of course not. You didn't do anything wrong.
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:43 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
Why do you feel guilty? Would it have been your fault if this same girl ran you over with her car in the parking lot or mugged you & stole your wallet? Of course not. You didn't do anything wrong.
For me it just feels like some kinda inviolable thing. It doesn't matter why it happens, nobody but my SO should be kissing me. It's that I can't get out of my head.
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:46 PM   #5
Established Member

Don't take this in an accusatory tone or anything of the sort. My curiousity has me wondering why your girlfriend wasn't with you?
Diezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:50 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1010red View Post
For me it just feels like some kinda inviolable thing. It doesn't matter why it happens, nobody but my SO should be kissing me. It's that I can't get out of my head.
Then that is your own hang up. But you really need to forgive yourself. Be pissed at the random kisser if you must but honestly tell me what you did wrong besides not be able to see into the future so that you could have prevented this?
d0nnivain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2015, 1:35 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
Don't take this in an accusatory tone or anything of the sort. My curiousity has me wondering why your girlfriend wasn't with you?
It was only for people studying law and my girlfriend doesn't! We rarely go out without the other, but it wouldn't have worked this time.