LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating > Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy

Social media drama

Cheating, Flirting, and Jealousy Being unfaithful to your significant other or suspect them of the same? Can't stand the way they flirt? Jealous? Discuss your experiences here.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th September 2015, 10:22 AM   #16
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cateyes11 View Post
What do you guys think? Discussed this with a couple close guy friends and they said give him another chance he was just doing a stupid, dense guy thing, but keep him on a leash.
Personally I would not give him another chance.

I don't want to be with someone that I have to keep on a leash. I want someone who freely chooses to stay by my side. I don't want someone who only behaves well when they are being watched. You can't trust that kind of person, and without trust, a relationship is a sham.
Old 24th September 2015, 2:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0nnivain View Post
You missed my whole point which was about compromise & communication. My then BF & I negotiated a system which worked for us in our relationship. It doesn't have to work for you. You & I are not in a relationship.

I like to dance. My then BF & my husband don't. So because they don't enjoy an activity I shouldn't be precluded from participating in it? That's like saying because I don't like coffee my husband should stop drinking it & he also has to give up video games because I don't play. Ridiculous.
You are comparing dancing with other men to drinking coffee though, which is equally ridiculous. Coffee and video games do not involve being up close and touching the opposite sex. If you want to say you dance Catholic style with a huge gap between you fine. Most people tend not to do that, but if you are one of the few that do then..well, okay. I can respect that if you constantly kept up the whole Catholic dance style thing of being able to fit a person in the gap between you.

Quote:
Again, the issue is how the two people in the relationship deal with conflict. Talking about the issues, addressing them & working to reach a compromise saves the relationship. Ultimatums don't.

I don't believe in open marriage or polyamory but they work for some people. I would not want to be in a situation like that & chose not to be. That doesn't give me the right to dictate how other couples behave.

Judge all you want. I know where my boundaries are & I'm happy.
For me the term open marriage is an oxymoron.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2015, 2:16 PM   #18
Established Member

I'm stupid, disregard. I totally thought oxymoron was naming something that could already be inferred from the description, and i've believed this to be true for years...

for instance, "Bluejay bird". A bluejay is already a bird, so essentially, you're saying "a bird bird".

moving on....

^ Agree with above post.

Last edited by DrReplyInRhymes; 24th September 2015 at 2:18 PM..
DrReplyInRhymes is offline   Reply With Quote