Hey LS im a little conflicted at the moment and worried i might do something ill regret. Any advise would be great. I figured this would be the best column to post in.

My bestfriend who ive know for quite some time dumped his ex a couple months back. They had a toxic relationship. At the same time my ex dumped me. I was in a whirlwind of hurt and so was she. We reached out to each other because of our similar situations and learned how to heal after a b/u. Though she started getting little intense. She said she developed feelings for me through this and even wanted to hook up. I backed off because i know that would of been wrong. She left town to stay at her parents house for awhile. Its been a couple months now and she still contacts me ever day. She doesnt talk about her ex hardley at all anymore. Shes always sending me dailey reminders of positive things, links to good articles about relationships and life, pictures of her and what shes doing. I respond but not all the time. I cant help but feel like im starting to develope a crush on her. Im also in a very vulnerable spot sense my ex left me. She is a good looking sweet girl and has been real kind to me. But she is still my bestfriends ex. Who doesnt know any of this. I see my bestfriend dailey. Shes coming back to town soon and wants to make plans with me. Idk what to do. I wouldnt mind a nice hook up but if my bestfriend knew he would be devestated and i cant lose that friendship.

Well since you clearly know your priorities, you already have the answer - gotta shut her down.

• Like 2
  • Author
Well since you clearly know your priorities, you already have the answer - gotta shut her down.

Your right i think i was just having a weak moment. How do i get rid of her? I do care for her and i know this will hurt her feelings.

Just be honest and then give her space. She'll probably be angry at you yeah but she may get over it in a while. Don't withdraw your friendship, just the possibility of a physical relationship. If/when she reaches back out as a friend, be there for her - as a friend.