Is he stringing me along?

Hi everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

So I finally heard from the doorman. Said he likes me, we talked on the phone a few times and sent a few texts.

We have both recently split up from people, he was busy moving out of the house he sharedwith his ex. One day he rang, asked what I was doing cos he wanted to take me out to explain 'his situation' but I couldn't make it.

Since then I haven't really heard from him, only when I see him when I'm out, but I'm also going back to work at this bar I used to work in, where he works now, he knows this too. So last weekend I asked him what was going on, and he said that he does like me but he wants some time on his own first but would like something to happen between us eventually. Considering he knows I'll be working there from this wek, does it sound like a brush off?! because if it is, to me that makes it a really stupid thing to say, especially when I asked him outright, and said if he wasn't interested then fair enough, I just don't wanna be messed around

:confused:

Then I was in there the next day with a few of my mates, we said hi then my mates and I stood on the opposite side of the room, partly cos i'd sent a drunken text the night before asking him to ring me (which he obviously took no notice of!) but he came over and stood right near us, I know that it's his job and they all move around the place but I kept catching him looking and smiling at me, and there's been lots of eye contact going on.

It would seem really daft if he is messing me about cos he knows how many people i know in that place and it would just seem a bit stupid!!

I'm so confused, I dunno what to think, Im ean it could be as simple as he said, that he does like me but wants some time alone first but that just makes him giving me his number in the first place all the more confusing, yet I don't know that if i had of went out with him on that day, that he would've just told me that anyway.

Anyone got any advice?

thanks, izzy xxxxxx

I think he is interested to some degree but is making it clear that he is not ready because he was possibly hurt....I would say this :

Hey John ( sp ) I just wanted you to know I think you are a great person and that if you want to talk you can call me. I know you are just getting out of a messy relationship so just know I am here if you want to talk about it "

Then leave it alone. He is making it clear how he feels at this point and when he is ready he will come to you.

Stringing you along ? I dont think so. He sounds like he likes you....If there were another girl in the pic then I would say possibly but I dont see it here...

Hmm.. my take is this..

He likes you, he has an interest in *possibly* dating you.. but as of now he has just got out of a serious relationship and he wants to date around..

I don't think he's "stringing you along" I just don't think he is wanting to get into another *relationship* at this time. Don't pass up the opportunity to date someone else if it comes your way.. who knows eventually maybe you will end up dating this guy.. but until then....

Good Luck

I agree with Merin :) Hmm.. my take is this..

He likes you, he has an interest in *possibly* dating you.. but as of now he has just got out of a serious relationship and he wants to date around..

I don't think he's "stringing you along" I just don't think he is wanting to get into another *relationship* at this time. Don't pass up the opportunity to date someone else if it comes your way.. who knows eventually maybe you will end up dating this guy.. but until then....