I snooped in his room and didn't like what I found

I've been seeing this guy for about 6 weeks and things seem to be going well. He had told me that when he visited Spain in April (before we even met) he met a Chilian (sp?) woman and they spent 48 hours together and then had to part; she went to Paris and he came back to NY.

So the other day when he was is the shower and I was on his computer, I saw a post card sitting there and I know it was wrong, but I read it and it was from her. It said things like"you say you miss me all the time, I miss you soooo much, I love you....."

I was very taken aback but of course I couldn't ask him about it because I was being nosy and reading his mail. I felt really bad about it. I know they live 1/2 a world away, but I am still pretty jealous. What should I do?

Right...snooping is never cool...I've done it though, so I understand how it can happen.

I reckon you take the honest approach with this one. ie "I was sitting on the computer, and I noticed the postcard...I know I shouldn't have looked, but I was curious, so I read it...I felt pretty upset when I read some of the stuff...etc etc...just wondering where things stand with us? Are we on the same page?..."

That's what I'd do anyway.

I'd be pretty upset, too. My boyfriend is a half a world away, so just because they are far apart don't think they can't have strong feelings for each other.

Just tell him the truth. He will probably get overly mad at you for snooping, but don't forget that he was the one with the postcard...