My girlfriend just cheated on me

I am 17 years old, my girlfriend is 18. Me and my girlfriend had been together for around 1 month, yet were going out daily. One day she suddently said we have to talk and later that day she said we have to break-up.A few days later she said we should make a new "start" and how we should be back-together and I gladly agreed. One weaks or so passed and she told me how she has been thinking about her ex-boyfriend again, which was the reason we broke up in the first place. She said she doesn't want to be back with him, but she thinks about him now and then and I don't deserve that. Today, we went out and she was acting kind of weird, she was obviously really sad about something. After around an hour of me begging her to tell me what is happening, she said that the first time we broke-up, she actually went out with her ex-boyfriend later that day and they made-out, nothing more than kisses. She seamed really sorry about this and was telling me this with tears in her eyes, she said she hasn't replied to any of his messages since that and never will, she said after she made-out with him, she just knew she loved me and not him. We are going out tomorrow to discuss about this and I am suppost to have made my mind-up if we are going to continue or not. I love her, and want to be with her I just want to make sure she understands that I am not ok with it and generally I am pretty messed up right now.

Any advice would be appreciated, I am not planning on breaking-up with her since I could see she regretted it and I appreaciate the fact she told me herself and this is the first time we had any issue, even thought we haven't been together for long.

Sorry for any grammar mistakes English isn't my mother-language.

Also after a month you say, you're talking about love? You're young and this is the sort of thing you will experience as you get an idea of what sort of person you want to be with.

I speak from pure experience. Run from her like the plague. You are too young to risk suffering the kind of wounds you may well encounter.

If she cheats at such an early stage, I would dread to think what she might do 8 months down the line when you have a rough patch.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, she may well be legitimately repentant but someone who actually pre-meditated meeting up with her ex....!?

• Like 1

I speak from experience too. Sadly, you gotta walk away, once a cheater always a cheater. Seriously, finish it and move on or she will hurt you again and again over time.

Sounds like she's pretty darn honest, and that's a good thing. If I were you, I would believe her and trust her, and continue on your happy way together.

Believe me, there are a lot of girls/women who would have lied/hidden the truth, so you've got a rare girlfriend who seems to be sincere.'

Ignore what the other posters have said. It is possible to love in your teenage years, and her "cheating" episode does not really qualify as cheating because she broke up with you first (an honest action), and then she told you about it of her own free will (again honest.)

Edited by mwtzzz

Dude, it took you an hour of begging to get information out of her. She's not being honest with you. A lot more happened. As a rule, cheaters will only tell you the bare minimum to make it seem not as bad as what truly happened.

Dude, you're 17 and got your whole life ahead of you. You don't need the drama from a girl that isn't over her Ex and has you walking on eggshells wondering if she gets another itch for her ex-boyfriend to scratch.