Girl flirts with me & found out she has a boyfriend. Why??

This is a girl I work with, and we just started talking one day, and we kind of hit it off. So we hang out during break together, and she says "let me put my number in your phone." I was going to ask anyway but just wanted to get to know her first. She told me she thought I was cute, and I specifically remember her telling me she had just broke up with her ex-boyfriend. She also told me she had a roommate that was a girl.

The next day, we're flirting back and forth at work, and I know she was blatantly flirting because she walked behind me a couple times grazing my leg lol. So I text her a couple days later just to say hey, and she doesn't respond. I text her at work, she responds. I text her when she's at home....no response. So I'm thinking.....something's up with this.

Yesterday I see her at work again and asked if I had the right number, and she said yes, but that her and her sister share a phone. (which I think is total bull****) After she leaves work I ask a co-worker if he knows if she has a boyfriend, and he said she does and that she lives with him...I knew there was something she wasn't telling me the whole time!

Why do you think she is flirting with me at all!?!? I'm thinking it was maybe just for sex...I don't get women!!

What does it matter? She has a boyfriend. Don't go near her with a barge pole.

Even if she breaks up later, you have seen how she treats her boyfriends (flirting with other guys behind their back), so I would not go near her with a barge pole even if she does become single.

• Like 1

She's a flirt but putting her # in your phone is disrespectful to her BF. She's borderline cheating on him. If you don't want to be a party to this, stop texting her.

A little harmless flirting doesn't mean she wants to leave her boyfriend or sleep with you.

Sounds like she only wants to have some innocent fun at work, not even going further than this.

• Author
A little harmless flirting doesn't mean she wants to leave her boyfriend or sleep with you.

Sounds like she only wants to have some innocent fun at work, not even going further than this.

true, but it seems pointless. I'm not trying to get used just so she can have some fun.

• Author

I think the real question now is how do I confront her about it? I would still want to be friends with her, because she actually is a really cool and chill person. Also we work together, so I don't want to make things awkward for the future.

Then you don't "confront" her. Confront is a very hostile aggressive word.

You can tell her that you found out she has a BF & would prefer that she stop texting you because you have no intention of texting her.

Then you behave professionally at work. Talk about neutral subjects: work, the weather, local sports teams etc but avoid personal topics.

• Like 1
Then you don't "confront" her. Confront is a very hostile aggressive word.

You can tell her that you found out she has a BF & would prefer that she stop texting you because you have no intention of texting her.

Then you behave professionally at work. Talk about neutral subjects: work, the weather, local sports teams etc but avoid personal topics.

This is the best advice. You don't need to confront her. Just let her know you're not interested. She's playing with fire here, could get very messy.