My bf and I never discuss our relationships with the opposite gender

rachelssecret5

I've been dating my boyfriend for four months now, and we get along great. He's understanding, and our outlook on life is the same! Anyways, so my boyfriend has female friends, and I have male friends - however, we've both never really talked about our friends of the opposite sex with each other. I only know one of his best female friends (and that too because she ended up being in a class I took up, and we hit it off pretty well) and he is only aware of the fact that I speak to my ex-boyfriend on friendly terms.

I asked him if he was okay with me talking to my ex-boyfriend, and he said he was fine with it, as he understand that people who liked each other at one point could be friends. He also said he also speaks to a female friend who liked him as well, but when he told her about me, she stopped expressing her "likeness" and they now talk on friendly terms. I feel like we're both agreeing to us talking to former love prospects because we're both doing the same thing - not because we're genuinely okay with it.

Apart from that, every time I tell him I'm going out with a "friend" he never asks me who it is, whether it's male or female - and likewise, we he tells me he's going out with a "friend" I feel like I don't really have the right to ask him who he's spending his free-time with. I feel like we're both extremely hesitant about talking to each other about our views on our friendships with the opposite sex, and I don't know why. I don't know how to go about any of this, and I feel like he doesn't either.

Sounds like you trust each other and that's great but it's only been a four month relationship. If the both of you feel that there is a chance that this can become a serious relationship, then it would be a good idea to sit down like adults and discuss boundaries.

He's secure in your relationship & mature.

Are you looking for the whole jealous temper tantrum. If he did that would think that proved his love for you?

I feel like we're both agreeing to us talking to former love prospects because we're both doing the same thing - not because we're genuinely okay with it.

Uh, what? So you're not genuinely OK with him doing something, but you also do it?

This makes no sense.