My Boyfriend Is In Love With His Mom

You guys may think I'm crazy, but I honestly think my boyfriend of 3 yrs. may be in love with his mom. I don't think it's in a sexual way by any means, but I do think he has more than motherly feelings for her. He's jealous of her husband. Not protective..jealous! He hates for me to say anything that may even be remotely negative about her, eventhough I'd never dream of disrespecting her. He and his dad are close, but he puts his mom on a super high pedestal, he doesn't care what you say about his dad, but his mom is flawless in his eyes. She has always put men before her son after his parents divorced. He worships her, and she can't stand me eventhough she doesn't know me well at all. Whenever he visits her, I can't get in touch with him, or he makes it very short. He doesn't take me for visits (1.5 hrs. away). Not only that, I remember once he kept trying to make me tell him what I thought about his mom's looks. I was like she's a mom, what do you want me to say? I jokingly said oh you sound like you may have some kind of Oedipus Complex, and he said maybe, but not like sex or anything. What do I do? That's nasty as hell, if this is the case.

amerikajin

Eeesh!

Well, I don't know what you do. I know one thing, though: you're his girl, not his shrink. If he's having trouble separating what's what in that department, maybe the best thing for you to do is to let him sort it all out himself. That's what I'd do.

I cant quite make out if the woman in reference is his real mom or his step mom..... pls clarify

anyhow, it's normal for a son to be extremely close to his mom and over protective and such..... all clear systoms that he's a momy's boy.

Oh dear and I thought my partners relationship with his mum was bad.

Personally I would make it perfectly clear what I thought. Only one way to find out what the issue is and if it or you go away