How should I approach this the next time??

SweetVixen07

This guy that I've had a crush on for the last eight months has lately been telling me how pretty I am. Awhile ago, He told me one time that one of his teacher's thought I was his g/f and said that I was good looking(why he told me his teacher said that I don't know). I usually tell him about my guy problems and he always comforts me by saying "you deserve better because you are way too pretty for that."

He said that twice to me yesterday and finally I had to say something that I have been too afraid to say. He also made up a scenario of us hooking up and what he would do in a particular situation if he was my boyfriend. I asked later in the conversation why we never hooked up and he just sat there and kinda blushed/smiled and didn't say a word. At first he mumbled a little but just paused and became quiet. I then asked if there was something wrong with me and he was like "no, no of course it isn't you," I said well "is it you?"

He said no and fell silent for awhile. We got off topic and got on a more humorous topic. I should have said this in the last post but it was during chemistry class and and this other girl kept meddling in our conversation and asking twenty million questions. So maybe it wasn't the best place to ask but the timing was perfect.

It's weird b/c I felt this was the best time to bring up why we never hooked up...I felt at this particular moment it was do or die b/c it became obvious to me that he saw me differently then I thought he did and its weird that it now all of sudden comes out after such a long time. But he never did answer my question so I now plan to ask him again. But what I'm wondering is did I come on too strong? Does he seem like he wants to be with me? And How should I approach it next time?