boyfriend cheated at begining?!

ive been with my bf for a year and a half , 3 months into our relationship i was nosey & looked at his phone and 1 month into are relationship he had wrote a couple of dodgey texts to a women like 'can you give me a lift home' & when she replied no he was like 'ohh cmon we can go back to yours & get drunk' i was so shocked & devastated & he said him & his friend just desperately needed a lift but i still was so angry & spoke to the women & they had never met in real life, i went back to my mums for 3 days anyway & he was so upset & sorry & angry at himself and 24/7 texted and phoned me saying this and wanting me to come back, then when i came back i noticed 2 pink durex condoms were missing (we don't use condoms) & i found the same empty wrappers behind his bed, i was crushed after thinking he genuinely sent a silly text & regretted it, he said 'he had no idea, the wrappers must be from previous people' (i no hed slept with quite a few people there before we got together) but the fact the 2 condoms were missing was too much, then he said he moved them because his niece stayed the next night (true but were are they then!?) i asked his friend and he basically said i must be crazy to think he'd cheat on me & he probably used the condoms to masturbate (i no he has done this with socks ect) but when i asked him if he had he said 'i don't think so' ?! this was a long time ago and nothings happened again but i cant be happy thinking he cheated when we was at our happiest & to cheat with someone he may have never met!? i keep trying to talk to him but all he says is 'ive never cheated i would prove it if i could but i don't no how' so i dont no what else to say/do?! pls help its driving me mental!! p.s i messaged the text women asking if they ever met after but haven't got a reply yet!!

I guess you'll never know. Cheaters often take the truth to the grave. BUT, I've learned to trust my gut. It's way smarter than I am. If something feels off, IT IS. I'm at the point I don't even need to know the "truth" or the "facts" anymore. I just follow my gut and go with what feels right.

With that said, I'd say your gut is telling you something but your head is trying to talk you out of it. It's bugging you so much you've taken to asking strangers (No shame there. It's what brought us all here.) on the internet to help make sense of it.

ellllllarose
I guess you'll never know. Cheaters often take the truth to the grave. BUT, I've learned to trust my gut. It's way smarter than I am. If something feels off, IT IS. I'm at the point I don't even need to know the "truth" or the "facts" anymore. I just follow my gut and go with what feels right.

^ that's the ABSOLUTE truth. I cheated on someone great once and this is the first time I'm speaking of it and I'm absolutely disgusted with myself and ashamed of myself just saying it. I got my karma a year later with someone I had given my whole heart to... not even three days ago. That's besides the point, what is important is that he seems to love you but you have to love yourself and decide if you want to tolerate this or not. Because nobody just leaves two condoms behind their bed and forgets about them for so long. Maybe a couple of months but no, not for over a year.

Can I ask how they would have done anything if they've never met?