The guy she was seeing while we were broke up has some pretty serious mental problems

My ex-girlfriend and I are working on getting our relationship back on track. We have been having a great time! There is one thing though. The guy she was seeing while we were broke up has some pretty serious mental problems. She has been helping him through some of it, which I think is really nice. But the other side of me thinks of him as a threat to our relationship working. I know this sounds bad and I feel like a jealous idiot for saying this. We both love each other, but she keeps bringing up these problems with this other guy. What should I do? Should I give her space and not talk to her for awhile? I really don't know. Please, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Some women (I'm not really sure of the percentage but I know at least six like this) have a mothering instinct and they are attracted to men who need fixing (help in some way) even if the relationship is not romantic. While it would be much better, in my sole opinion, if your lady severed ties with this guy she may still feel he needs her help despite the fact she is not a licensed psychologist.

You're best bet would be to somehow get more mental problems than the guy she was seeing so she'll have to break away from him to give your situation more immediate attention. (Just a suggestion, you don't have to jump all over me!)

I don't think giving her an ultimatum is a good idea. You've just got to feel very good and confident about yourself and know that she will be yours if it was meant to be. While she may be drawn to men who need fixing, she will probably be extremely attracted to a stable, confident, secure man like YOU!!!

I think your ex-girlfriend is a really nice person to help him , but I really don't think she need to talk about him in front of you when you are trying to rebuild your relationship with her .

Dannielle2004

I THINK YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS SO SWEET FOR HELPING HIM, BUT I DONT THINK U SHOULD BE JEALOUS OF THAT. DID U TELL HER HOW U FELT?? IF U HAVEN'T MAYBE U SHOULD SO U WONT FEEL THAT WAY.

• Author

I have been talking to my Ex girlfriend. She wants us to be friends and see what happens. She has told me multiple times she loves me and wants to see things work. She was in tears the last time we talked. The last guy she was seeing after we broke up has mental problems. She does want to help him. But she keeps bringing it up to me. I DID tell her I don't want to talk about it. I told her that it is horriable what is happening, but I want to just work on us. I thought that was good. I am just trying to figure out if this guy is really about. I understand he has problems. But he also still likes my (hopefully girlfriend to be) so how should I approach this. Should I just wait it out? She did keep telling me about how they had great times together. But when I brought anything up about girls I was dating. She didn't want to hear about it. AHHHH! I want this to work out but it is driving me crazy! Please Help!