Gf saw her ex but lied to me

Tonight, I didn't have news from my gf. I quickly assumed that she met with her ex as she usually tells me what she's doing and she had been saying last week that she wanted to catch up with him. I'm ok with that.

The problem is that around 9pm, she called me from her car. And when I asked what she was doing, she told me that she met with girlfriends. She never does that... So I'm sure that she met with her ex. But why would she lie to me???

Now I'm feeling very insecure. My last relationship lasted about 5y and ended up with her cheating on me. I really did see it coming: I was trusting her and we never got in a fight. I found out by reading one of her text message accidentally...

I'm afraid this would happen again... what should I do? Should I try to confront her? I mean, I don't have proof and I'd rather not snoop around.

Tonight, I didn't have news from my gf. I quickly assumed that she met with her ex as she usually tells me what she's doing and she had been saying last week that she wanted to catch up with him. I'm ok with that.

Please tell me why you are OK with that?

why would you be ok, with her meeting up with a ex? you gotta set up some bounderies that can't be crossed, otherwise you get walked on, case in point.

JacquesA.LeFrancais
Please tell me why you are OK with that?

QFE WTF?

I showed my S/O this and we had a nice lol

Dude, let me tell you something. To be blunt. There is NO reason your GF should be hanging out with an X. I do believes X's can be /friends/ in a limited fashion. Social interaction however...no.

Don't...let her dictate your self esteem. If she loves you she will respect that about you. Because that isn't a very positive situation

TheLoneSock

Confront her. Let her speak, but dominate the conversation. Don't back down, get to the bottom of it. At this point you're really only looking for an admission from her, since you already know the truth. Not saying she definitely cheated on you, whether physically or emotionally, but it's only logical to assume.

The absolute best thing you can do for yourself right now is drop the anxiety, step up to the plate, and take control of the situation. Be a man about it and be prepared to drop her out of your life if she has behaved inappropriately.