Very "touchy", or a hint?

There's a girl in my group that now that is very.... "touchy". As in, when we're working on computers in our group of 4, she ends up getting VERY close, at times like, somewhat ON me.

I also poke fun at her very often (whenever she says something redundant I'll point it out, or she said something very weird, and of course I had to point it out and question her on it :p). This usually ends with her reaching out and putting her hand on me briefly, just acknowledging the joke.

Just wondering if this actually means anything, or is she just a very touchy/physical person? Other than this, not sure of any other "signs", so it really could be nothing, but just going to ask :)

I tend to try and read into things probably a bit too much. An unfortunate flaw :p.

Edited by laptopacc

I think you mean 'tactile'.

I'm wondering if she has European/Continental blood?

I'm extremely tactile...and I'm Italian.

I generally touch everyone I'm talking to. It's an almost unconscious act, I do it so automatically.

I've never, but never had anyone complain, because it's never done offensively. Nobody has ever even indicated mildly, or subtly - in their body language - that they find it uncomfortable, and nobody has ever asked me to not so it.

But nobody has ever 'misinterpreted' my touching them as being anything ulterior or deeper.

Just throwing my hand in there....;)

People who touch frequently in response to humor or stand close and way in your space (especially touching at the hip or rubbing or pressing breasts on you) are IME generally attracted sexually outside of certain cultures who keep minimum personal space (South Americans, etc.) Those may or may not be interested. Other indicia include smiling and keeping eye contact.

Just wondering if this actually means anything, or is she just a very touchy/physical person? Other than this, not sure of any other "signs", so it really could be nothing, but just going to ask :)

if shes "touchy-feely" with every dude then its nothing. if she's like that only with you then you'd better go out and buy a box of condoms

IMO, the simplest way to clarify is to return the body language and/or actions. The person's response is usually the most accurate indication of their truth. Some people don't quite understand the meanings of their actions until properly mirrored; this assumes innocent intent. Some just have ambiguous boundaries. Some are purposeful, whether that be friendly or sexual. Everyone is different. I assume innocent friendliness unless otherwise communicated.