Send a postcard for valentinesday, yes or no?

TheSwordfish

Hello guys and girls. there is this girl I like a lot. By now I found out she likes me (well my looks and my humor, she gives me all the right signs :)), but I havent asked her out yet. She's very down to earth (just like me). I'm opting for a nice and slow approach.

My idea is to send her a funny anonymous Valentinesday card (already got a nice one that isn't overly corny but just nice and sweet) with a hint or two written on it (making sure she knows it is me sending the card, making the card not anonymous in the end :))

Would it be strange to actually send the card? I mean do girls always like those small gestures, letting them know you're thinking about her, or may she be to down to earth to like it? I had a chat with a friend of mine about cards and she said she hated them, because she always got them from the wrong people (She'd love to have on from me though... but she's not the person I'm talking about here ;)). Can I assume a girl likes the card if it comes from the right guy? Or will she like the gesture anyway?

:bunny:

Honestly, if a guy I liked, but who has never asked me out, sent me a Valentine's card I would think he is a wimp. If you are a 100% sure that she likes you I'd think that asking her out is better. Another suggestion that some dating guru made was to ask the girl to hang out with you and other friends thus taking the pressure away for you and her because of the many romantic expectations that come with this day, or to throw a party.

That's wimpy. If he sends her a card he is letting her know that he likes her, but he doesn't like her enough to ask her out on this day? Or better, he doesn't have the courage to ask her out, so instead he sends her a card. Now that is really impressive...

It is part of what Valentines day is.. when you let your crush know you like her/him

i get the impression that he isn't 40 years old

It is part of what Valentines day is.. when you let your crush know you like her/him

I just remembered, I think Valentine's day in the State is also a day for friends, family members, etc. Here it's just about romantic love and buying things, less casual I think.

Well here there isn't much valentinesday stuff going on here. No one I know dates on that particular day. Here it is mostly about sending cards to someone you like or love.

The girl I want to send a card shares my kind of humor (I'm a teacher and the kids in my class actually came up with things that I should do with her).

There were various things the kids suggested as a first date. We had a great laugh about that. (One thing the kids suggested, was me going up to her house with a trailer taking her out to some weird place, or going to her place with a banjo on my knee singing terrible songs from a horrible local singer). I wanted to use that to my advantage. The reason I send her a card is that I don't have any of those crazy things the kids suggested. ;)

I think she already knows I like her. But I just want to show her that I didnt forget about her on valentines day in a subtle way. I'm down to earth as well, and I hate overdoing things. Why would that make me a whimp?

Should it all be just about the fast result instead of having some fun?