She talks too much!

933KJL

OK, so there is this girl I am just beginning to date. She is really nice, we seem like a good match. BUT (and there always seems to be a "but") she just talks too much.

I mean A LOT! She repeats the same stories over and over. She will interrupt people to interject her opinion --which usually turns in to one of the repeated stories. She even talks during movies and a comedy club--interjecting opinion and so forth. Example: comedy club, comediam is doing a routine on stalkers, and she is like "is he really making fun of stalkers? I can't believe he would make fun like that. It is a serious problem. Oh, I am not sure everyone will think this is funny." Then the comedian says "Hey lady, shut up, I am the one doing the show here"

OK he can get away with that, but I cannot. This is probably the only thing that is keeping me from advancing the relationship.

How do you politely tell someone they talk too much? I would not be surprised if it was the deal killer on her past relationships.

slubberdegullion

It's long since been established that, generally, women talk more than men, because women communicate to build and solidify relationships, whereas men talk to exchange information.

That being said, if she's a yabbermouth, just tell her to shuddup. It won't work, of course, and she'll be sullen for a while, but at least you'll have some short-term peace.

I rather doubt this is a characteristic that will change just because you mention it. I think the inclination to be chatty is an inborn quality and not subject to much alteration.

bluechocolate
I rather doubt this is a characteristic that will change just because you mention it. I think the inclination to be chatty is an inborn quality and not subject to much alteration.

I'd have to agree with that. I can deal with friends who talk too much, but a partner, never!

I was going to say that maybe she's talking so much because she's just nervous & will settle down after she gets to know you better, but this

She even talks during movies and a comedy club--interjecting opinion and so forth.

kinda makes me think that that is not the case.

slubberdegullion

Quick thought: If it bugs you now, it's only going to get worse. So either get earplugs, learn to live with it, or move on. I know it may sound like a minor thing right now, but it'll drive you around the bend soon enough.

If you find her really sexy and you get the urge, lean over and kiss her while she's talking and then afterwards just smile and say shhhhhh, enjoy the moment.

Congrats on the new woman though 933!

• Like 1
  • Author

I KNOW it will drive me up the wall. I was just hoping someone here might have a suggestion.

Grrr---it is always something!

I have a friend who is dating a guy who never shuts up. He's pretty annoying and she's getting ready to dump him. Decide if it's a deal breaker. If it isn't you can stop her when she's doing it but it's not likely to change permanently, that's just how she is.

slubberdegullion
If you find her really sexy and you get the urge, lean over and kiss her while she's talking and then afterwards just smile and say shhhhhh, enjoy the moment.

Nononononono... that will reward her yammering. It's like praising a puppy for pooping on the carpet!

• Like 1

Talking much and showing yourself is usually a good sign. The girl I refer to in the thread about omething being annyoing. Showed me pictures of her family and told me a lot about herself. But there's a difference in talking just to talk or actually exposing yourself and asking questions.

I am a really extrovert type of person. I like talking a lot. I like the same thing in a girl. Because I like actively listening and I remeber most of the things people tell me peopel always think of me as a good listener though.

In your case I would doubt if you should stay with her. I mean, you have to ask yourself if you could get used to her talking a lot and if you can live with it. Telling someone to shut up isn't very nice either.

• Like 1
Nononononono... that will reward her yammering. It's like praising a puppy for pooping on the carpet!

You had to bring up the puppydog thing, didn't you...

:lmao:

Try to keep your tongue or your penis in her mouth as much as possible to prevent her from talking. You could also sew her lips shut while she's sleeping.

Try to keep your tongue or your penis in her mouth as much as possible to prevent her from talking. You could also sew her lips shut while she's sleeping.

Maybe not sew her lips shut, but I know what could make her mouth sticky so it will be harder NOT to talk when she wakes up! :lmao: (Lonestar you're bringing out some real sick thoughts from me...I see your sick and dirty mind is just like mine!:laugh: )

(Lonestar you're bringing out some real sick thoughts from me...I see your sick and dirty mind is just like mine!:laugh: )

Yeah, once I get on a roll, it's hard for me to stop. I'm a bit twisted :D

(10 more)

Maybe she is a nervous talker....... it might slow down a bit once she is used to you? option : just get her a LB of jaw breakers and keep popping them into her mouth lovingly when you get irritated with her constant clucking. :D

that should shut her up for at least an hour!

a4a- I hate it when a pebble gets in my shoe

Sometimes I think she looks like this.

<----------------------------------

OMG, that was too freaking funny!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm with you guys LS and WWIU -

I don't like idle chatter, from men or women ..... say something if it has meaning or purpose.

I would definitely do the sticky thing in a heartbeat though!

WWIU

Did you notice they completely wiped out that thread you started on hot fantasies? everything kaputz! dang!

OK, 933KJL, you did it.

I actually laughed out loud at that.

He does this to me all the time. Makes me cry at times from laughing so hard! :lmao:

WWIU

Did you notice they completely wiped out that thread you started on hot fantasies? everything kaputz! dang!

Actually, it's been moved to the Watercooler.

Yeah, once I get on a roll, it's hard for me to stop. I'm a bit twisted :D

(10 more)

I see you got your 10 plus more!! Right on! :)

(1 more!)