21 years old with a 16 year old

melbourneboy

Hey guys just thought i would tell you my story.

I am 21 years old just turned and my girlfriend is 16 almost 17 in a few weeks. anyway ive been reading some posts on here and have seen alot of people saying that 16 is to young. we have been going out

for 6 months now and our relationship is just soooooo good we love each other greatly and support each other in every way we can. I took serious consideration of her age when we first got together and i was really close to blowing it off, but i have to say i am really really glad that i didnt, i have never felt so strongly for someone before we have something awesome going. know one i know thinks the age is a problem her parents are fine with it my parents are fine with it. I really dont see 16 as being to young, i have never met a more mature 16 year old before i met her, she cooks for herself, cleans, drives and is really independent. I dont think 16 is to young we both have never been happier.

ReluctantRomeo

I don't think your age difference, in itself, is a problem.

Please bear in mind though that very few girls end up with the bf they had at 16. One of my best friends, his wife is the exception. But it's pretty rare.

I think its very possible you guys can be happy for awhile. But I wouldnt actually count on it lasting forever and ever. Just the way it usually works. When I was 16, I thought I was madly in love and would spend the rest of my life with my then boyfriend. NOPE. hardly. BUt dont worry about the future, enjoy the time you have now. Just make sure, do her parents know/approve? I mean, 5 years isnt hat big a difference, especially when youre 32 and she is 27. Aw well. Just enjoy yourselves now.

• Author

thanks guys. Yeah its all just a bit of fun now and im not trying to take anthing to seriously like im 21 and i feel like im far from setteling down with anyone and i wouldnt expect my g.f to want to any time soon also. We all have plenty of partners in our lives. I dont think theres to much point at any age thinking that they are the "one" becuase i dont belive there is the "one" well there is the one but i would say there would possibly be more than one ne ways thanks for the replys.