First crush in 5 years

missingj

Hi all

Just looking for a little advice. There is a guy that comes into my work who takes my breath away, he is not conventionally good looking but there is definately something about him. Anyway we flirt a little and he seem to like me (not sure though, have been out of the game for a while so Im finding it hard to tell). I would love to ask him out but I have never done that before and because I only see him at work that would be the only opportunity I had but Im worried my superiors may find this unprofessional. I am also petrified of rejection. Any suggestions on how to broach the subject of possibly meeting up?

For the first time in many years, I asked a man out (a coworker, at that). And it worked out just fine. We went out and had a lovely time. Both of us agreed to not tell ANYone. Your superiors don't have to know unless you tell them or others that you work with. Believe me, it gets around. My advice is to not tell any of your work friends that you want to ask him out and just do it!! He probably likes you too, but is scared.

Once you go out (and you will - women have great intuition) you can talk about keeping it on the "down low". Even if it doesn't work out, hopefully both of you are mature enough to keep it quiet. If you don't think that he is, don't ask him out. You don't want to risk your professional career. Just do it! good luck. ;)

More dating goes on in the office than first meets the eye. Suffice to say that you are not alone. Feel out the situation and then ask him to dinner or for drinks. I personally love it when a woman asks me out. Ahhh.

pull him aside and say 'pssst, I just took a courage pill. D'ya think I can have your cell number?'. I tell ya, guys love that, whether they're already committed or not. From there, just text him whatever you want to tell him. No one will know. Sweet. But, personally, I would pass, just cos it's a coworker.