What to do when my girlfriend has PMS?

whiplash

Just want to know what to do or not to do when she has it. I saw her last night and we had great sex as usual, but she wasn't very cuddily afterwards. Planning on seeing her tonight, but she has already told me she plans to be in bed very early.

Just pay attention to how she's feeling and govern yourself accordingly. If she's dispirited, try to comfort her. If she's grumpy, be there with her but give her space if she needs it. Remember that PMS magnifies all feelings so whatever she's feeling she'll feel more than she normally would. And she probably hates it.

slubberdegullion

Just steer clear. If she's anything like my ex, what you do or don't do is completely irrelevant. Some women - not all, certainly, but some - are under the delusion that because they suffer from PMS, that gives her the right to bite your head off for breathing, yell at the kids, bark at her boss and just be a general painintheass. Give her a few days.

ahaha, I am PMSing right now. Last Friday it hit me hard. I get emotional and insecure.

I just want understanding, affection. attention and reassurance. Even if I get crabby and cold. Kill me with your supportive non confrontational manner.

Don't ask me a bunch of questions and don't get upset with me. It will soon pass. If I talk just listen even it don't make sense. If she wants her space, give it to her but be available so she doesnt go on a tangent.

Thats me...

If she is one who is in pain I don't know. I don't get the cramps or headaches.

When she isn't PMSing ask her what she would like from you. That is what is best. Ask her. NOT now if she is PMSing.

Give her a foot massage. The ankles get really sore when you having your period, she will appreciate it.

In reflexology your ankles are linked to a womans ovaries and a mans scrotum, (thats why you dont massage a pregnant womans ankles, unless you want to induce labour!) But when she is having her period it will feel really good to have a foot and ankle massage. If she gets bad back and sciatica, which i get, you can even give her a back and butt massage. Very Nice!

slubberdegullion
In reflexology your ankles are linked to a womans ovaries and a mans scrotum

No s***?? I've never heard that one before.

Where's the reflexology spot for the G-spot and clitoris? No, I'm not kidding...

The ankles get really sore when you having your period, she will appreciate it.

This isn't true for everyone. There are over 150 symptoms of PMS; not every woman has all of them (thank God! :laugh: )

Slubber you crack me up!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ok, I'll answer your question though. The reflexology spot for G spot and clitoris? Why it's the G spot and clitoris of course!!!! DUH!:laugh:

My husband doesn't give a crap when I'm PMSsing. When it's that time of the month and I'm starting to whine and be annoying, he tells me to shut the f?ck up :D and I cool down instantly :D

You know what's REALLY annoying though...do any of your SO's ask you if your PMS'ing when you're NOT?!:eek: Like if you're disagreeing (or nagging)about something?

I HATE THAT!!!! ARGH! It's not fair!

Wow! Mine's the only one who pulls that sh-t! Yes, it pisses me off...I hate it!

And glitter, I'm NOT letting H see your post. You really shut up when he tells you to?:laugh:

Just be there for her. What are her normal symptoms? The big thing to remember is just because you know (and probably she does too) that she is feeling someway because she is PMSing, doesn't mean it isn't a real feeling. Actually, those feelings are even more intense then "real" ones. Be there for her and never just tell ther to "get over it 'cause your PMSing".

I usually get sad. Once I sobbed for hours because 40 years from now my mom will probably be gone. Suprisingly enough my man didn't burst out into laughter. The point is, no matter how ridiculous and unfounded the pain/anger is, it is still very real for her. Good news is, it will be over soon, and a couple days later the two of you can laugh at the ridiculous of it.

lol Bab, isnt that funny how women can PMS in completely different ways? I don't get sad, I get annoying. I complain, I whine, I b?tch, I feel stressed, and the smallest things get on my nerves.

slubberdegullion

Whiplash;

Are you starting to see what I mean?

Just stay clear for a couple of days. Better to ask for forgiveness for being away than to suffer the wrath and have to ask for forgiveness over and over and over and over...

Whiplash;

Are you starting to see what I mean?

Just stay clear for a couple of days. Better to ask for forgiveness for being away than to suffer the wrath and have to ask for forgiveness over and over and over and over...

Hey, a little support when I'm sobbing my eyes out cause you killed a puppy in your video game is really appreciated!! Usually there is, "OMG you put up with me" thank you bj the next day too. :cool:

Bab,

You said:

Usually there is, "OMG you put up with me" thank you bj the next day too.

THERE IS?

i am about to give you some of the best advice ever... (it might not help you this month but...)

treat every month as if it is different. just because she wants you to leave her alone, shut up, disappear, buy ice cream ---- does not mean next month she does not want to cuddle, go out to dinner, have children, or cut your head off...

there will never be one simple formula for dealing with all women's PMS, because there is no simple formula for dealing with just one woman's PMS. besides for a few exceptions, it is an emotional rollercoaster. you just gotta roll with the punches my friend.

try to listen. and act accordingly. but be aware that that may not work. basically: listen, smile (when it is safe), adapt, be supportive, give space, console, and wait it out...

thank you bj's!?!?!?!?! apparently, i've been fishing in the wrong sea...

Bab,

You said:

Usually there is, "OMG you put up with me" thank you bj the next day too.

THERE IS?

Clearly Bab's idea of keeping her man sweet differs somewhat to yours Hot Coco!!! :laugh:

Always good to reward the poor boy for putting up with our crap!! :D

I just let my girlfriend put her head in my lap and I give her a shoulder massage. She doesn't take it out on me or use it as a reason to treat people like crap. She might be a little more emotional but nothing unbearable.