Should I even let this bother me ?

mixwell

Okay so this girl I have been seeing is older than me.. she is turning 25 next month and I am 22.. For some reason I feel a little bit intimidated by her.. She seems to have all her stuff together and I don't.. She has a full time job she has been working at for 3 years and I am not working at the moment. There are few other minor things as well.

Besides that I mean I am very wise for my age and we can have conversations like nothing. One thing that kind of bugged me too (this is really stupid to judge but thats what i picked up on) was the way she dressed yesterday when we hung out.. :rolleyes: (I know I know)

Most girls I date dress pretty trendy and are more into fashion. In other words when they go out you can tell they are younger girls.. This girl was dressed like she was older and for some reason it kept popping up in my head..

I mean she looks like an average dressed girl. Now I know that I am being way shallow as far as this but hanging out with her almost makes me feel older in a since.. like when we go out in public.

I know that her personality is what matters and looks wise she isn't bad. Don't get me wrong its not like I am going to stop talking to her or anything but its bugging me still, I don't know why. Any input would be appreciated..

If you love her it should't bother you but if it does you need to grow up. But if you don't love her and just like her it doesn't matter if it bothers you or not.

• Author

Well I have only been hooking up/dating her for like 3 weeks max so theres no way I can love her... I have only hung out with her 3 times.. anyways yeah I don't know it was just on my mind.. Im over it now though.. Thanks for the input

Mixell,

I dated a woman(32) a couple months ago about four years older than me and though we only went out a few times, I always tried to find something wrong with her even though I liked her alot. In fact, now that I think about it, there really wasn't anything wrong with her. For some reason, she intimiated me (that never ever happens) and then I tried to find something wrong about her so that I would feel more comfortable. I could be wrong but it seems like you are doing the same thing.

I say give her a chance, I doubt she even knows she is intimitading you. Don't think of her accomplishments or her age, just enjoy her company and see what happens.