Do I contact my childhood sweetheart? (He is single)

girlinNYC

After a year of being totally single, not even intimate with anyone, I still find myself thinking fondly of the first guy I ever fell in love with, as a 10 year old, 16 years ago.

i know it might seem 16 years is a long time and a lot can happen within those years, and I agree - but the love remains a constant. As kids and throughout our teenage years there was always chemistry between us and I'd like to explore that as adults if the opportunity arose.

He is single, we are connected on Facebook - we just haven't spoken in a good while. Our mothers are in constant contact as they have known each other since they were in elementary school.

His birthday is next month and I'm thinking of initiating contact with a happy birthday message and seeing if anything eventuates from there - good idea?

His birthday is next month and I'm thinking of initiating contact with a happy birthday message and seeing if anything eventuates from there - good idea?

Nothing to lose by trying but instead sending him a message that will only be one among many, send him a very nice card you have to mail. That should rouse his interest if there is any interest to arouse.

I hope you have a storybook romance.

• Like 1
  • Author
Nothing to lose by trying but instead sending him a message that will only be one among many, send him a very nice card you have to mail. That should rouse his interest if there is any interest to arouse.

I hope you have a storybook romance.

Nice tip. Thank you :)

You could also try contacting him now and mention you remember his birthday was coming up. Maybe get him thinking about you. Maybe he'll want to reconnect on his birthday, go out together to catch up, etc.

The card is a great idea, would do it as well.

I find this very romantic. Best of luck in this.

• Like 1
  • Author
You could also try contacting him now and mention you remember his birthday was coming up. Maybe get him thinking about you. Maybe he'll want to reconnect on his birthday, go out together to catch up, etc.

The card is a great idea, would do it as well.

I find this very romantic. Best of luck in this.

Also a nice idea. It's been years since we spoke, so I'm a little nervous messaging him without there being an obvious reason to him like a birthday?

In this world you need all the friends you can get. You will find the friends you make in later life are not as close as the ones from childhood through college.

Go ahead and contact him. But before you do it, reset your mind to your younger days. Be sincere and unafraid. When making friends, children are not so goal oriented. Romance may not happen but you might get something better: a lifelong friend.

• Like 2

Since your mom's are both friends, ask them to arrange something for the 4 of you.

The birthday card is a good idea too.

You could also just call him up out of the blue. Get his # from his mom. I know people don't call using the voice feature anymore but you could try it. Something different. Invite him out for a pre birthday drink.

• Author
Since your mom's are both friends, ask them to arrange something for the 4 of you.

The birthday card is a good idea too.

You could also just call him up out of the blue. Get his # from his mom. I know people don't call using the voice feature anymore but you could try it. Something different. Invite him out for a pre birthday drink.

I already have his number, he's had the same one for years. Nice ideas.

I feel strange since we haven't spoken in 5+ years calling/messaging out of the blue? At least with a birthday it's sort of prompted by the event. Maybe I'm being stupid.