Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't...

Hey Everyone,

I lack patience to say the least, however I'd like to make sure I'm not looking at the situation with my rose colored glasses on.

Here's the brief:

Met guy, dated a few weeks. He moved out of town for work, kept in contact for a few months. Started a relationship while he was in town, that worked out for a couple of months. We gracefully ended the relationship due to his focus on work and needing physical attention.

He's more than likely dated others and so have I since the break up.

Prior to his last visit we didn't have communication for 2 months. He comes into town I pick him up, we go to lunch and go our separate ways. He invites me to a family function, I don't show (didn't feel comfortable). We say our goodbyes via text.

He texts weekly since departing (lol 4 text). Out of the blue he mentions coming into town for my birthday (keep in mind that we hardly communicate).

After our break up I deleted him on one IG account, he returned the favor lol but is still linked and likes my other account.

I really would like to be together and we get along. However, we both are focused on work and he does not have a set destination.

I'm confused as heck. Am I being friend zoned or do we have a chance?