LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

I give up

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th March 2019, 11:16 AM   #16
Established Member

She told you that her nerves got the better of her which is not that uncommon actually. I guess if you did a full investigation of all the flakes a lot of them will have flaked due to anxiety. Big butch guys and fiesty little girls all get very nervous when they have to step out from behind that screen and for some they just duck out and flake.
A date is a big deal. You have to bare your soul and someone may just come along and go "Nah", no wonder people get scared.
I would give her another chance.
elaine567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 7:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeadowFlower View Post
It's not easy for some girls to meet up with guys, some are not confident and they are shy.

Like someone else said further up, try again with her but something casual. Something that isn't face to face. Try an activity.

Hi Meadowflower,

by the way I have not forgotten and hope to chat to you here when I get permission to message!

Regarding this post, yes I agree with you, I would not hold it against someone for not showing up for a date,

again funnily enough this is something that I would actually like in a girl. Ok I know the cancelling of the date is annoying and an inconvenience, but to my mind pulling out of the date shows a little shyness and vulnerability and I am thinking, hey I would really like to chat to this lady, and that if she is nervous well we are on the same wavelength!

I know it could be a different agenda too and perhaps the girl is only playing games, but yes I think giving the benefit of the doubt and giving another chance for a date could be worth a go.
Foxhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 8:33 PM   #18
Established Member

OP online is riddled with mental disorders, women on the rebound, and excessive flakiness. There's a reason they aren't being approached in real life. Try to set up a vid chat first to gauge what you are dealing with. Half of them don't look like their snap-chat filtered pics.