First date

flyboy56

So I got divorced after a long marriage and have been dating for the past year. Met some nice people but someone I met online and went out with last week was fabulous. We met for drinks, then sat for dinner. Talked for hours and hours. She told me I was the sexiest and most interesting man she has ever met. BTW, we are both 60, so not kids. I've never felt such a mutual connection before. She invited me back to her place for a glass of wine as she didn't want the evening to end. We talked more and kissed madly. It was wonderful. I had a bit to drink so she asked me to stay over in the spare bedroom. I had to get to work early the next morning and had a long drive so I got up quietly and left. We spoke later the next day and said how nice it was to be so pleasantly surprised. She went to visit her daughter for the weekend so I texted her Monday to ask about her plans for the week so we could get together again. I haven't had a response. It's silly to feel like a nervous kid again after all these years but it is what it is. I don't know what if anything to read into this. I don't want to seem to anxious but she was clearly into this. Advice?

Thanks.

We didn't sleep together. Not sure how that qualifies as a one night stand.

she was looking for a ONS but didn't get one :(

CautiouslyOptimistic

Is it possible she stayed longer at her daughter's house than she planned? And maybe her daughter doesn't know she's dating and so she is not responding until she gets home?

• Like 1

This is how dating is these days....a date can go fabulously, but you don't really know this person. She could be married, have a BF, or is multi dating, or an ex came back, she's in a LDR, you were a rebound, had a better date over the weekend and didn't really go see her daughter or she simply had second thoughts.

The thing to do is always keep your options open and your dance card full until she reaches out to you. Give it a week. If you get nothing you move on.

• Like 3
The Dude Abides

OP,

As has been suggested, this thing warrants a phone call. The older I get the more I am getting sick of texting and emailing and really prefer to do things the old fashioned way and TALK to people.

I hope it works out for you both.

• Author
This is how dating is these days....a date can go fabulously, but you don't really know this person. She could be married, have a BF, or is multi dating, or an ex came back, she's in a LDR, you were a rebound, had a better date over the weekend and didn't really go see her daughter or she simply had second thoughts.

The thing to do is always keep your options open and your dance card full until she reaches out to you. Give it a week. If you get nothing you move on.

Thank you for your response. I guess I'm torn between taking the advice of others and just picking up the phone. I just didn't want to appear stalky or weird because she didn't return my text promptly. Seems like a double edged sword. Either she is old school and wants a call, didn't notice my text, or is not interested. So one way it's being too anxious and the other signals a lack of interest. :confused:

Edited by flyboy56
  • Like 1
  • Author

So I called her and everything was cool. I didn't get into the lack of a response to the text as I didn't see the need given how happy she seemed to hear from me. Second date imminent. Wish me luck. Need to remind myself not to get crazy over this stuff.

• Like 2
I'veseenbetterlol
So I got divorced after a long marriage and have been dating for the past year. Met some nice people but someone I met online and went out with last week was fabulous. We met for drinks, then sat for dinner. Talked for hours and hours. She told me I was the sexiest and most interesting man she has ever met. BTW, we are both 60, so not kids. I've never felt such a mutual connection before. She invited me back to her place for a glass of wine as she didn't want the evening to end. We talked more and kissed madly. It was wonderful. I had a bit to drink so she asked me to stay over in the spare bedroom. I had to get to work early the next morning and had a long drive so I got up quietly and left. We spoke later the next day and said how nice it was to be so pleasantly surprised. She went to visit her daughter for the weekend so I texted her Monday to ask about her plans for the week so we could get together again. I haven't had a response. It's silly to feel like a nervous kid again after all these years but it is what it is. I don't know what if anything to read into this. I don't want to seem to anxious but she was clearly into this. Advice?

Thanks.

Good on you for getting yourself out there. One thing though: be careful getting caught up in the flattery. I've made that mistake before and got pretty hurt. I've noticed that people who flatter on the 1st couple of dates, are usually not serious. The fire starts up quick, then poof it's out.

Enjoy dating, but do not get too excited at 1st. Good luck!

So she's visiting her daughter, so she's busy and possibly out of range, too. Listen when my one friend has her daughter in town or is there, you are not going to hear one word from her. Just chill out. If she had fun, she'll contact you once she's not busy. Don't go by how often someone texts. Not everyone, especially in their 60s even leaves their phone on all the time.