He asked me out and then nothing

stamatia

This really boggles my mind, so I want some objective opinions on this matter. Since last spring I've been often seeing the same courier guy, always thought he was good looking, but that was it. So in December I had many deliveries and one day we had a lil' banter going on. So the next day, he had another delivery for me and when he called me prior he was already flirty a bit and when I picked up the parcel he said something like "since I've seen you so many times already, would you like to grab a cup of coffee sometime?". I've been online dating only for a couple of years now, I admit it was very refreshing to be asked out on a date irl :) I said yes and told him he had a permission to use my number. 5 minutes later he called me and we agreed to meet after holidays (it was just few days before Christmas and you know how crazy it is then). We had a lovely convo for another 5 minutes. So holiday season passed by and there was no word from him. Few days ago he had another delivery for me and I thought that is when we would pick a day for our date, but nothing. He didn't even mention it. He asked me how I was doing and if I was cold (I was wearing this cosy jumper) and that was it. When we said bye he said "I'll see you" and silly me I responded with "will you?" :lmao:

Anyways, what I don't understand is how someone goes all the way and asks a woman out, I know it takes some guts to do it, esp. when he only sees me once a month for a minute or two, he takes a chance of being rejected and then doesn't follow through. When/if I see him next should I say something or should I wait for him to mention it.

Why didn't you open your mouth and say, "Hey how about that coffee you promised me?"

I bet money on it since you never reached out during the holidays, he thought you weren't that interested, so he just never bothered to follow through.

• Like 2
  • Author
Why didn't you open your mouth and say, "Hey how about that coffee you promised me?"

I bet money on it since you never reached out during the holidays, he thought you weren't that interested, so he just never bothered to follow through.

Because I get a total brain fart when I see him now :laugh: Usually I'm witty or always have something to say.

Was it that he expected a txt/call from me during holidays? I thought of it, but didn't want to come out as pushy and annoying, since we just started talking.

Maybe he forgot?

Kidding! it could be anything but you have his number, and you haven't reached out, so.... do you want him to or not? Some of us dudes, need a little prodding but if that's not what you are looking for, he is saving you the trouble.

• Author

Update: I decided to ask him what's up with that drink next time I see him, but before I could say anything he'd already apologized for not calling for a date as things at work are still crazy busy and he gets home at 6-7PM. And apparently he starts at 5:30AM, if I remember correctly. Ok, I get that that he's doesn't feel like going on a date after work if that's really the case, but there are still weekends and he doesn't work then, sooo.... Which makes me think he has a gf/wife. He is interested I guess, because he would call me after delivery sometimes (but never after work, which is also weird to me) or just hangs out with me for 5-10mins, also my sister had a delivery, but he called me instead if I'd pick the parcel up, asked if he could deliver an "imaginary" parcel just to see me. Is he a flake/not serious and I should say thank you, next? Am I on to something with him being taken and that's why he doesn't proceed with a date?

It's possible he met someone else, or is back with his ex....these things seem to happen over the holidays...Just accept as "not going to happen" and forget about him.

He didn't really ask you out. He did what all the timid betas do, he asked if you would "LIKE" to do x-y-z "SOMETIME". Then they sit back and do nothing as if they expect you, from that point,...to ask them out, tell them where to go, tell them what to do. Plus the whole "coffee" thing is pretty weak anyway.

Wait till he actually makes a real date with a real time/day/place. If he doesn't, then forget about him. If you play that beta game with him it will never end and you will just become frustrated and lose respect for him. You are already frustrated now for that matter,...it will just be more of the same.

Curiousroxy86
This really boggles my mind, so I want some objective opinions on this matter. Since last spring I've been often seeing the same courier guy, always thought he was good looking, but that was it. So in December I had many deliveries and one day we had a lil' banter going on. So the next day, he had another delivery for me and when he called me prior he was already flirty a bit and when I picked up the parcel he said something like "since I've seen you so many times already, would you like to grab a cup of coffee sometime?". I've been online dating only for a couple of years now, I admit it was very refreshing to be asked out on a date irl :) I said yes and told him he had a permission to use my number. 5 minutes later he called me and we agreed to meet after holidays (it was just few days before Christmas and you know how crazy it is then). We had a lovely convo for another 5 minutes. So holiday season passed by and there was no word from him. Few days ago he had another delivery for me and I thought that is when we would pick a day for our date, but nothing. He didn't even mention it. He asked me how I was doing and if I was cold (I was wearing this cosy jumper) and that was it. When we said bye he said "I'll see you" and silly me I responded with "will you?" :lmao:

Anyways, what I don't understand is how someone goes all the way and asks a woman out, I know it takes some guts to do it, esp. when he only sees me once a month for a minute or two, he takes a chance of being rejected and then doesn't follow through. When/if I see him next should I say something or should I wait for him to mention it.

I don't believe a guys forgets to ask out a girl he likes. I personally would assume he isn't that in to me and keep it moving.