Getting stood up in a new way today?

ericw899

Tonight I was supposed to go out on a date with a new girl. We met on snapchat a couple days ago and she seemed to like me & vice versa. I got her number & we texted back and forth being cute and flirty. I decided to ask her for a date for tonight and she was very happy/excited and even said it'll be romantic if I pick her up. (No problem at all)

However, last night she went out to celebrate her birthday. We were texting earlier in the day, then she abruptly stopped at around 2pm, and didn't text back until around 7. (Again no problem). However the weird thing is when I texted her back about an hour later, my message never said delivered. I did see she was on snapchat/instagram so I know she has access to her phone, so why would my message not be delivered?

My take is that she started having second thoughts and chose to block me instead of having to be truthful, which is odd considering the last text she sent seemed positive. I did message her on snapchat this morning but have gotten no response yet. I know she is probably drunk or hungover from last night but I have never dealt with a message not delivering.

*This is a totally different girl then my thread from yesterday*

Edited by ericw899

That is a little bizzare.

Like you said it was her birthday so she was busy. Just see if she gets back to your Snapchat.

I don't see why someone would block someone else but keep them on insta and snap if they are trying to avoid them!

Good luck

If you got her number why wouldn’t you be a man and call her ???!!

What is it with you people and social media who just can’t pick up the phone and make a call ?

Have you even heard her voice ?

You expect a women to go out with some one she met through a screen ?

• Author
If you got her number why wouldn’t you be a man and call her ???!!

What is it with you people and social media who just can’t pick up the phone and make a call ?

Have you even heard her voice ?

You expect a women to go out with some one she met through a screen ?

I called her from my cell & got an automated message of "this person is not taking calls right now, please try again later". I have never heard this before. I even called from my home phone & got the same thing, so I'm not just blocked.

Sometimes people just don't want to talk to anyone after a night of getting wasted. She was looking at snapchat to see what was posted about her the night before so she can remember what happened. Relax and leave it. She will reach out to you when she's feeling better.

• Like 1
I called her from my cell & got an automated message of "this person is not taking calls right now, please try again later". I have never heard this before. I even called from my home phone & got the same thing, so I'm not just blocked.

What a clever phone option! I've not heard it before either.

Anyway, at least you know that you're not blocked. She just wants some quiet time without communicating with anyone.

• Author
What a clever phone option! I've not heard it before either.

Anyway, at least you know that you're not blocked. She just wants some quiet time without communicating with anyone.

I'm a little skeptical that it is a phone option. The message is not her voice, it almost sounds like the cell carrier company. I'm almost thinking she hasn't paid her phone bill and have cut her off.

Is it possible it’s a texting app number? Either way sounds like drama.

QUOTE=ericw899;7693475]I'm a little skeptical that it is a phone option. The message is not her voice, it almost sounds like the cell carrier company. I'm almost thinking she hasn't paid her phone bill and have cut her off.

mortensorchid

Yes I agree with Purepony that if you want an answer, CALL THEM. I think we have lost this since the advent of texting / social media chat that we no longer verbally talk to people anymore and it's really NOT GOOD. That being said … Since you did get a message from the phone saying this person is not taking calls right now, I am here to tell you that this IS an option. Once I texted a friend and got a kickback message saying he was driving and didn't want to be interrupted. The older I get, I see how dangerous it is to be texting while driving, even receiving a text is dangerous because you are tempted to look at it. But I digress …

It does sound like she's blowing you off. But don't sweat it. Next.

• Author

So I've heard back from her. Apparently her phone has gone missing and she was in a bar fight last night. I told her I understand and am ok postponing for another night & she said she is appreciative.

• Author
In a bar fight? Wow, is this the girl you want to date!?

I mean I don't know the whole story. I would like to give it a chance and see what it's about. Also she is Latina who obviously have fiery personalities so I can see how something could arise.