I fancy this girl sooo much

Adam_000

Hi,

My names Adam, currently 22 years old. I’m currently in Australia on holiday, from London UK and I went to mothers friends 50th bday party which was outdoors. I met a girl, which turned out to be birthday boys daughter. (She’s on holiday too, also living in London) I introduced myself to her, we started talking about things, like whether she’s at university, how is she finding it etc... Shes the same age as me too. I was freezing as it was cold, and she knew I was cold, so she suggested to go inside the house. In to the house, carried on talking and laughed a lot....... End of the night, I never had the guts to ask for her number, even though I had a strong feeling she would’ve gave it to me. She’s now gone back to London as she was only here for a short time, I’m heading back 16th Jan.

It was probably the best converstation I’ve had with a girl I don’t know.The thing is she’s not perfect in terms of appearance, but it’s just something about her that gives me butterflies in my stomach. Constantly I’m thinking about her, finding it hard to sleep.

NOW here are the main questions, I have found her instagram profile, should I follow her? For me to search for her instagram, does it show I’m desparate?

What will she think if I start following her? what shall I message her?

Edited by Adam_000
  • Like 1

It seems like a normal progression to follow her on social media, so I don't see why that would be an issue. Suss her out a little, see if she's got any boyfriend-type guys in her life.

Send her a casual message after a little bit and see if she'd like to catch up in person over coffee.

• Like 1

A Brit freezing in an Australian summer? Well I never....

Sure, follow her on instagram. But if you see her dad again, tell him how great you think she is. If he likes you, he may set you up in contact with her.

• Like 2
  • Author

That’s also another issue, no idea whether she has a boyfriend or not. I mean fingers crossed she doesn’t I’m still her for another month, So in about a week or so would it cool to message something like

“Hey it’s adam from the party, how are you? ”

How can I find out if she has a boyfriend over message,like what can I say, and in regards to getting her actual number, what can I say?

• Author
It seems like a normal progression to follow her on social media, so I don't see why that would be an issue. Suss her out a little, see if she's got any boyfriend-type guys in her life.

Send her a casual message after a little bit and see if she'd like to catch up in person over coffee.

That’s also another issue, no idea whether she has a boyfriend or not. I mean fingers crossed she doesn’t �� I’m still her for another month, So in about a week or so would it cool to message something like

“Hey it’s adam from the party, how are you? ��”

How can I find out if she has a boyfriend over message,like what can I say, and in regards to getting her actual number, what can I say?

That’s also another issue, no idea whether she has a boyfriend or not. I mean fingers crossed she doesn’t �� I’m still her for another month, So in about a week or so would it cool to message something like

“Hey it’s adam from the party, how are you? ��”

Yes, I think that's fine. See how she responds. Try to keep a conversation going a little bit. If she is lukewarm or doesn't really seem keen to keep chatting, let that be your answer.

You might not need to find out if she has a boyfriend over messaging, either; it might be obvious from her social media if there's a guy in her life.

If not, just ask if she'd be interested in meeting up once you're back in London. Her reply to that will probably tell you what you need to know in terms of her interest level and whether she's single or not.

• Like 2
Yes, I think that's fine. See how she responds. Try to keep a conversation going a little bit. If she is lukewarm or doesn't really seem keen to keep chatting, let that be your answer.

You might not need to find out if she has a boyfriend over messaging, either; it might be obvious from her social media if there's a guy in her life.

If not, just ask if she'd be interested in meeting up once you're back in London. Her reply to that will probably tell you what you need to know in terms of her interest level and whether she's single or not.

Yep this is what i think too. Keep us posted OP.

Following her on IG & reaching out with the neutral message you plan is just fine.

When you get home ask her to meet somewhere. She will point blank tell you if she has a BF.

• Like 1

Follow her on Instagram and see how it goes... I met someone in NY we still chat to this day. Nothing came of it because we live far away. That said you are both Londoners. She may like the fact you found her and who knows what could happen when you are back. Good luck

• Author

Thank You all for the advice, really appreciate it, just needed to know I’m doing everything right, I don’t want to mess it up and look like a fool.... I’ll be messaging her on wednesday..... fingers crossed all goes well!

Thank You all for the advice, really appreciate it, just needed to know I’m doing everything right, I don’t want to mess it up and look like a fool.... I’ll be messaging her on wednesday..... fingers crossed all goes well!

I really hope it goes well for you. However I will offer a word of caution that we can never be guaranteed to do everything right. Sure, give it your best shot, but remember that what works for one person won't work for another.

If nothing comes of it, congratulate yourself for giving it a go.

• Like 1