is this real or was it just a fling?

arp4619

Last weekend, I went on a quick getaway to a big city that I’m moving to in 6 months. I met a wonderful guy who is a few years older than me while out with some girlfriends, who I assumed was a one night hookup. We took things back to his place and when he fell asleep I grabbed my things and left him a post-it note with my name and number on it, mainly to not seem like a total ass for ditching him in the middle of the night (lol).

He ended up texting me the following afternoon to meet up again, and I did meet up with him with my friends while out and about. We took things back to his place (again) while watching the sunset on his roof, and then he took me out to dinner. We ended up going back to his place and falling asleep and I woke up the next morning and said goodbye. He was all over me the entire weekend, took a ton of photos of us together, and expressed how it was “fate”.

We texted briefly when I got back, but he hasn’t responded to my last text which makes sense because it was a dead-end response for the most part. I will say, I take a very long time (half a day to a day) to respond to any messages or snapchats because I am busy and because I don’t know what will happen. I really, really want to see him again, but I also know that it isn’t very realistic to assume anything from our weekend together considering how millennial dating can be. He does know that I am moving to the same city. How do I handle this? Is it worth it to try and pursue him? Or do I let it go and wait to meet someone when I’ve moved?

I'veseenbetterlol

We texted briefly when I got back, but he hasn’t responded to my last text which makes sense because it was a dead-end response for the most part. I will say, I take a very long time (half a day to a day) to respond to any messages or snapchats because I am busy and because I don’t know what will happen.

I'm not an obsessive texter, but when dating, if I liked a guy, I def did not take more then half a day to respond. How do you know he is a wonderful guy? You don't know anything about him and any person you've known for a short period of time may seem amazing. It's weird he hasn't answered your texts after so long. People are busy, but texts take seconds to send. Sounds like lust more then anything and he was all over you because he was horny. You can do whatever you like, but if you want to find out a guy's intentions, do not sleep w/him right away. If a guy liked me, there was never a time (esp when we 1st met), where they would take 1/2 a day to answer my texts. Be very careful not to become his sex thing, if you meet up w/him, gauge how he treats you if you don't have sex.

Edited by I'veseenbetterlol

Since you are moving there in a few months, call this guy & ask him for some real estate advice. See if that gets him to re-engage

Add him to snap chat or something and keep in touch. I myself wouldn't expect a guy to wait for me for 6 months because you never know what may happen between then. See where it takes you without expectation.