I confronted him.

wantslove92

I met a guy from the gym who decided to follow me on instagram an DMed me saying that he's seen me at the gym a few times. When he saw me at the gym he introduced himself to me. Now we have been texting for over a week now. We even worked out together once and he took me out for dinner once. The only problem is that he asked me 3 times to go to his house and Ive only known him for a little over a week. I confronted him and told him that maybe we shouldnt talk to eachother anymore and maybe just be gym friends because he keeps asking me to go to his house which I am not ready to do. I felt like he just wanted sex.

He ended up telling me okay lets just go to the movies instead and take things slow by being gym friends. I told him okay sounds good. I told him I am not the type to be going to a guy's house that soon. He finally was understanding. I just hope he wont ask me to go to his house again. (Also english is his second language and hes still trying to learn english. He speaks spanish so it's a little hard for us to fully understand/communicate with eachother).

He texts me every single day and always initiates a good morning text. We text almost the whole day. When he's too busy to text me he actually lets me know and that he will get back to me. Everytime when Im at the gym he goes up to me and says hi. He even waited for me to finish my workout so that he can talk and say bye to me.

Does he like me, or is he playing games?

I don’t blame you for not wanting to go to his house. Imo that is a guy looking for a hook up. I would flat out ask him if he wants to go out again. Or maybe invite him along while out with your friends and see what he says ?

So a man will always want sex, the only time you will encounter a man who doesn't is when he is gay. I wouldn't fault him for doing that. He's also learning English as a second language - maybe the customs near his hometown allow for more intimacy at an earlier stage in a relationship. I would do what you are doing - setting boundaries that are comfortable with you - and seeing if you two are comfortable playing along and gradually moving the relationship forward.

• Like 1

If he really liked you, he would ask you on another date!

Big red flag, that he is asking you over to his house before he really knows you... Either he is completely clueless about the social norms associated with dating, or he wants sex from you. This would make me run, not walk, the other direction when I see him coming...

Edited by BaileyB

I think he both likes you and wants to have sex with you. Those are not mutually exclusive. In fact, the feeling a man gets when he likes a woman starts in his groin... unless it's his sister or mother.

How long will you make him wait? Have you had sex before?

• Like 2

Since he has finally asked for a movie date -- not at his house -- let's assume he's more clueless then nefarious.

Go to the movies & see how it goes.

• Like 1