Risk of Asking A Woman Out

Gold22

It's always good to sort out your chances before you ask a lady out. However, I take the athlete's approach. I'm not going to ask out Katy Perry right away - but I'm going to keep on seeking out relationships until I get the one I want. I miss all the shots I don't take. When an opportunity comes I always grab it, otherwise the next guy in the line will snap it up.

I've asked women out who I have literally just met, so I have had no idea of the odds and haven't let that hold me back.

If someone turns me down, meh... it doesn't matter. Since I haven't lost anything so it's never been a big deal.

That said being bold as a general approach is cool, since it has led me to lots of fun and lots of sex. Which has included sex on first dates, and sex within minutes to hours of meeting different women.

• Like 1
  • Author
I've asked women out who I have literally just met, so I have had no idea of the odds and haven't let that hold me back.

If someone turns me down, meh... it doesn't matter. Since I haven't lost anything so it's never been a big deal.

That said being bold as a general approach is cool, since it has led me to lots of fun and lots of sex. Which has included sex on first dates, and sex within minutes to hours of meeting different women.

Then you got lucky. You took a risk and the results turned out in your favor. Personally my freedom is more important than sex. Asking a woman out I just met can be interpreted as harassment if she is not interested and then she calls the cops and they come have a word with me. It isn't worth it just for the chance to have sex.

Edited by Gold22

Probably not. I'd probably only ask her out if there was a fairly good chance she would say yes. That being said, I'd sort out my chances within a fairly short time of meeting her - I would never ask a girl out without at least finding out a bit about her.

I don't want to date someone who I have nothing in common with, and unless I talk to her for a bit first, I know nothing. She might have a partner. She might have a horrible personality. She might have odd preferences in guys. If I can find out by talking to her first, I can save myself some pain.

When I was young, I blindly asked out people who obviously had no interest in me.

These days, I want to feel some interest ... from their part ... I'm not sure I qualify it ... more along the lines of does she seem interested or not? ... And of course, I ask myself that question.

Then you got lucky. You took a risk and the results turned out in your favor. Personally my freedom is more important than sex. Asking a woman out I just met can be interpreted as harassment if she is not interested and then she calls the cops and they come have a word with me. It isn't worth it just for the chance to have sex.

You smile at them, they smile at you, you look at them, they look at you, they smile again and so on. You then say hello, it's really pretty easy.

As to harassment, if someone can't figure out the difference between harassment and expressing an interest. They've got bigger problems than asking someone outr getting with them at a party or a pub.

Being frightened of ones own shadow, does nothing for a mans sexual appeal.

When I was young, I blindly asked out people who obviously had no interest in me.

Blindly asking people out sounds like a waste of time.

Eyes, smiles, plus some words. Then if there are some more eyes, smiles, and then tingles, then have a go.

It's not as scary for me to do with someone I'll never see again or will have any impact on my life, but if it's someone who knows a lot of my friends or I have to do business with it makes me very hesitant. I'd prefer to have greater than 50/50 chances to ask her.

• Author
You smile at them, they smile at you, you look at them, they look at you, they smile again and so on. You then say hello, it's really pretty easy.

As to harassment, if someone can't figure out the difference between harassment and expressing an interest. They've got bigger problems than asking someone outr getting with them at a party or a pub.

Being frightened of ones own shadow, does nothing for a mans sexual appeal.

It is not about not being able to figure out the difference between harassment and expressing interest but more so about how we can't predict how another person will interpret our behavior no matter what our intentions are. At the end of the day it doesn't matter that my intentions were not harassment. What matters is the other person's perception. We can't control all the time how others perceive what we are doing.

For some women if they are not interested then asking them out once is more than enough to make them feel uncomfortable and annoyed and go to the cops or a manager. That's why I consider waitresses off limits. It is part of their job to smile and be warm and friendly. Unless a waitress comes at me heavy such as volunteering information about her work schedule and gives me instructions to come back when she gets off duty then I say forget about it. I don't care how much of a knock out she is physically.

Smiles can mean many different things depending on the overall context of a situation.