Problems with boyfriend

dana12

My name is Dana,

Been dating this guy for about 6 month.

We had a few problems with my behavior.

Main one: a few month ago, I had a drunk meltdown in his apartment.

I started yelling, I locked myself in the bathroom and refused to go out,

He then went for a walkout, I thought he is going to hurt himself (he totally wasn’t)

Called 9/11 for no reason, then stood at the door facing the core yard, screaming his name

I almost got him in problems with his landlord with my iritic behavior.

Now he is afraid to have me over and I don’t what to do.

P.S there were no drugs, abuse or anything like that involved.

There’s nothing to do as far as he’s concerned. Your behavior was completely off the charts immature and insane, and he’s never going to overlook it. Just do better going forward.

• Like 2

There were drugs involved. Alcohol is a drug. It might be legal but it is still a drug. You need to understand that

What do you want your BF to do? What have you done to assure him that you won't do anything like this again. Why did you lock yourself in the bathroom? Why did you immediately think he was going to hurt himself? Most people would think he was simply removing himself from a stressful situation while you calmed down?

The problems aren't with your BF. They are your problems. He's just being cautious around somebody he now perceives as volatile, unstable & who could possibly cost him his place to live / freedom. You are lucky he hasn't dumped you outright.

• Like 1

Most men don't like dealing with a woman who has problems with alcohol. I hate to say it but I can't blame him for ending it. Get therapy and stop drinking you will be much happier.

Why did you have a drunken meltdown where you put his living arrangement in jeopardy? Do you not have a home where you can do that?

My advice is to stop drinking. You can't handle your booze.

• Like 2

I wouldn’t have you back over either. Next time you might get him kicked out. An eviction on his record, thousands of dollars lost. That would be real fun.

The cops? Screaming?

Why did you get so out of control?

• Like 1