Why isn't he texting me after our first date?

lovesiick

So I met this guy on this dating app and we decided to meet up. It was a great date, I could even say perfect. Granted the fact that I didn't really want to meet with him (but the way he asked was so smooth that I couldn't say no to it), he turned out to be better looking in person than he was in photos. That and he had a way of looking at you as if you were the most interesting person in the world. I loved it. He was goal oriented and seemed to have his life together. In short, my kind of man.

He picked me up, we talked endlessly starting from the car and through our dinner, and afterwards we had a few drinks. By the time we were doing karaoke, he was staring at me nonstop, we were singing to each other, playing around, and touching- hands around my back, my waist, my thighs, and I was even snuggled next to him with the casual and coy hands in his lap as I look through the song list.

By the end of the night he kisses me on the lips and I lean forward for more. He texted me when he got home but it's been a day since we've texted each other. I was the last one who replied on our message thread and I wouldn't mind being the first one to text again but why could he not be texting or talking to me? I know he definitely looked at my instagram stories and I know for sure he had a great time (as much as I did). I thought the first date went good or else I don't think he would have kissed me. So what could be the reason why there's no messages from him?

Is it also a good idea to ask him on another date next weekend?

Edited by lovesiick

I would wait for him to reply back to you. Don't text him let him text you. After 3 days you can text or call him up to see what's up? He might be busy or something else has interested him? You both just gone on a date that gone pretty fast in touching.. But all is good! Just have to wait on him?

I'm sure he enjoyed the date as much as you, sounds like. But, he could also be dating others and he does seem like a catch. I think at this stage he is probably also dating others but good luck with him.

How about reciprocate, and send him a text to start a conversation. It's not the 1950's where you should sit and wait for the man to contact you. It's a modern age, guys like to feel desired too and like a woman to show interest in them.

• Like 1
MaleIntuition

It’s only been a day. Sounds like a fun first date. Relax.

Sounds like a guy who knows what he is doing (which is, by the way, not necessarily a good thing). My guess is that he will text you tomorrow...

• Like 1