Is he a boy toy?

gracey123

Okay so I’ve been talking to a guy, who told me he will take me out on a date to really get to know me, but doesn’t want a girlfriend.

I said no cos it’s pointless, and he’s told me I deserve the world and he wants more than sex, and it’s not about sex. He told me he wants to take me out so much and said he isn’t bothered about sex with me, but why else would you want a date if they don’t want a relationship? keeps asking how many guys I’m talking to as well. I am unsure if to meet this guy, I don’t want to be hurt.

Thanks x

I would be suspicious of a guy who just volunteers how he is not after sex and wants more than sex and sex sex sex. Probably just wants sex after all. If he doesn't want a girlfriend, and you want a boyfriend, I think you should forget him.

Also, I think whether he is a toy boy or not depends on who he is with. It's up to you if you want to classify someone as a toy boy.

It is worth paying attention if a guy says he doesn't want a girlfriend. He probably doesn't. He may be married. Best to be cautious.

Having said that, whatever he wants you don't have to go along with it. You could go on a date to somewhere safe and public and avoid anywhere that would make it easy for him to get touchy-feely. See what you think of him. Maybe you'll get a better idea of what he is like then.

I think both men and women are a little afraid of being pushed into a serious relationship when they hardly know the person. Casual and friendly meetings are a way to get to know someone without pressure. But you need to bear in mind his initial statement and not get involved with him until he starts saying differently.

If he doesn't want a girlfriend, you will not be a girlfriend. When a guy tells you this, believe him, because as far as he's concerned his conscience is now clear for him to 'lead you on'.

It's perfectly possible for a guy to genuinely like you, want to spend time with you, want to have sex with you, and still NOT want a relationship with you.

Normally actions are more important than words, but this time these words should be etched into your brain.

• Like 3
ExpatInItaly

If you are looking for a relationship, give this guy a hard pass. He's not the one for you.

And yes, he is likely after sex and some no-strings companionship.

Okay so I’ve been talking to a guy, who told me he will take me out on a date to really get to know me, but doesn’t want a girlfriend.

I said no cos it’s pointless, and he’s told me I deserve the world and he wants more than sex, and it’s not about sex. He told me he wants to take me out so much and said he isn’t bothered about sex with me, but why else would you want a date if they don’t want a relationship? keeps asking how many guys I’m talking to as well. I am unsure if to meet this guy, I don’t want to be hurt.

Thanks x

He could be impotent, may have some sexual transmitted disease, or he just need to take out and show his friends he has date. Or he not into woman for sex. Why would even bother to do this for free. Why does he care how many guys your been talking too. Ask him how many woman he been talking and asking them he doesn't want sex just to take them out only. Throw it back in his face.

I doubt it that he wants sex otherwise he would want casual sex, quickie or one night stand girl..

Versacehottie

he sounds complicated.

I agree with andy k. You would be wasting your own time & effort since he has told you up front he is not looking for a relationship. I would assume he won't change his mind and not invest yourself further. If he verbally keeps talking to you and tells you he has changed his mind in a few months, I'd consider it but not until then.